But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s
29 REPLIES 29

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
T18skyguy wrote:
If you wait just a bit, T Mobile will offer something better. They always do. Verizon lost 865,000 customers when T Mobile offered their 60+ plan. Verizon is trying to recapture some of the pre-paid market that they lost.

It's a 55+ plan so you don't have to be 60, but yes, it;s a great deal.
2 lines for $70/month (exactly) for unlimited 3G hotspot from your phones. For $10/month you get 10G 4G hotspot and for $25/month you get unlimited 4G hotspot with no Network Optimization possibilty unless you exceed 50GB/month.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
If you wait just a bit, T Mobile will offer something better. They always do. Verizon lost 865,000 customers when T Mobile offered their 60+ plan. Verizon is trying to recapture some of the pre-paid market that they lost.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

BoonHauler
Explorer
Explorer
Kountryguy wrote:
Greed !! The customer is the last thing on their minds.

agree on Greed, that's why I dropping my Data plan .....:(
05 RAM 3500 CTD 4x4 Q/C Laramie DRW/NV5600/3.73, B&W Gooseneck, MaxBrake, PacBrake PRXB, Brite Box Fogster, BD steering Box Brace
2014 BoonHauler 3614

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
Greed !! The customer is the last thing on their minds.

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Verizon cannot/will not transfer my Pepwave to the new prepaid unlimited plan. It's listed on my account and working and 20 minutes later it's "not compatible." Three CSRs assured me that it would be transferred. I've been charged for the account but my device is suddenly "not compatible."

It's on the internet using a sim that Verizon provided three years ago and it goes to a verizon.com website ony to be told that it's "not compatible."

What would you call it? Bait'n'switch or fraud?
-jbh-

Hobbytime
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 6620L jetpack and a Mofi4500. Would I be able to use the sim card in the Mofi for home use?

zoostory
Explorer
Explorer
Would this work with a pepwave? If one extracted the sim card?

BoonHauler
Explorer
Explorer
jcpainter wrote:
Ralph Cramden wrote:
MrWizard wrote:
I agree about being careful
Did you see where they said they got the plan, and are testing it out

The fact it's PRE PAID, means you can obtain this without changing any existing plans, and no contact you can drop it at any time

Most likely a good thing because anything Verizon is always subject to the standard Verizon gotcha clause....

"We may change prices or any other term of your Service or this Agreement at any time" And on prepaid they do not, and will not, provide a notice.

Unlimited my rear end. Reading the fine print, it's still throttled on 4G above 15GB. They have cleverly reworded the language. Once enough people buy into it and buy the overpriced hardware and they have made their buck from that, they'll then alter the plan again more to their benefit, count on it.

On the new pre-paid unlimited jetpack/hotspot plan, throttling does not occur. The plan is subject to network management at any time, but there is no throttling at any specific usage limit.

I think MIA is reporting this as well.

If I didn't have the Connected Car program I'd go after this plan. As it is I'm going to drop my Verizon data plan as it totally sucks .....
05 RAM 3500 CTD 4x4 Q/C Laramie DRW/NV5600/3.73, B&W Gooseneck, MaxBrake, PacBrake PRXB, Brite Box Fogster, BD steering Box Brace
2014 BoonHauler 3614

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
MrWizard wrote:

The fact it's PRE PAID, means you can obtain this without changing any existing plans, and no contact you can drop it at any time

Most likely a good thing because anything Verizon is always subject to the standard Verizon gotcha clause....

"We may change prices or any other term of your Service or this Agreement at any time" And on prepaid they do not, and will not, provide a notice.

Unlimited my rear end. Reading the fine print, it's still throttled on 4G above 15GB. They have cleverly reworded the language. Once enough people buy into it and buy the overpriced hardware and they have made their buck from that, they'll then alter the plan again more to their benefit, count on it.

On the new pre-paid unlimited jetpack/hotspot plan, throttling does not occur. The plan is subject to network management at any time, but there is no throttling at any specific usage limit.

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
rjsurfer wrote:
jcpainter wrote:
I think everyone knows by now that Verizon has a new pre-paid unlimited data plan for Jegt6 6tpacks at $65 a month with auto-pay. This plan is subject only to network management, not throttling.

OTRMobile.COM offers an AT&T pre-paid totally unlimited hotspot plan with no slowdowns of any type for $60 a month.

They are offering a 1-week Veteran's Day sale too.

What is the difference between network throttling and network management?

I'm thinking the net result is the same.

Ron W.

There is a HUGE difference between the two. Throttling occurs when a specific amount of data has been used and it lasts until the current billing cycle ends. Speeds are often "throttled" to the point that the system is barely usable.

Network Management occurs when the tower you are using is congested and only lasts until the congestion clears up. It might last a few minutes or a few hours and the slowdown is often moderate. Many times you never even notice it.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
MrWizard wrote:

Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

rjsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
jcpainter wrote:
I think everyone knows by now that Verizon has a new pre-paid unlimited data plan for Jegt6 6tpacks at $65 a month with auto-pay. This plan is subject only to network management, not throttling.

OTRMobile.COM offers an AT&T pre-paid totally unlimited hotspot plan with no slowdowns of any type for $60 a month.

What is the difference between network throttling and network management?

I'm thinking the net result is the same.

Ron W.
03 Dodge 2500 SRW,SB,EC
2018 Keystone 25RES
DRZ-400SM
DL-650

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
I think everyone knows by now that Verizon has a new pre-paid unlimited data plan for Jetpacks at $65 a month with auto-pay. This plan is subject only to network management, not throttling.

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
BoonHauler wrote:
The old Verizon UDP and the new AT&T Connected Car UDP are the only true UDP's. Both I believe are subject to network congestion and both are no longer available.

All the new plans that say 'Unlimited Data' are the farthest thing from it .....smh

You are half right. The AT&T Mobley (Connected Card) plan is totally unlimited, subject only to network management when towers are congested. It is never throttled.

Verizon's gUDP plan is not subject to any type of network slowdown.

Neither are available now.