cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadtrek or Pleasure Way??

chast
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi all—trying to decide whether to keep our ‘97 Roadtrek 170 Popular (318 engine/145K miles) which we love but find small and confining or buy a ‘96 Pleasureway (same engine/59K miles) which is 19’ (RT is 17’) and has things the Roadtrek does not such as an internal water tank and a generator. If you had your choice, which one would you choose and why. Thank for your input.
chartrue2@aol.com
6 REPLIES 6

dks
Explorer
Explorer
Based on water capacity only I would get the Pleasureway. The 170 would require us to dump/fill everyday.

CSG
Explorer
Explorer
My PW is 16-17 years old now and was bought used. The folks at PW treat me like a valued customer on the few occasions I had to call them. If I buy another B, it will almost certainly be a PW.
2001 GMC EC 2500HD, 4x4, 6.0 V8
2002 Pleasure-Way Traverse
2002 Lexus Land Cruiser (LX470)

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
camperdave wrote:
1996 is pretty old.

I wish I was born in 1996. 🙂

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
1996 is pretty old. It's all about it's condition and maintenance at this point. 59k is around 2500 miles/year, not a bad thing if consistent over the years, but if it spent 10 of those years doing 5k/year and 10 sitting not being used, there could be significant issues from inactivity. Hard to know without a good inspection.
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 2001 Pleasure-Way Excel on the Dodge chassis; it was well made and when I compared it to RT models before purchasing, I felt it was better made and didn't have so much cheap looking plastic trim pieces. The PW people in Canada were always helpful if I had any questions about operation of components, etc. We don't have it any more; went to a longer Class C (Coach House) which we like real well; but we miss the PW for it's ease of operation, good fuel economy, and excellent workmanship. I'd buy the PW if the price is right, and its been maintained well.

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
If you like it and can afford it, go for it.