cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splendide Washer/dryer combo leak

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I have an issue with my Splendide washer/ dryer combo. I have a water leak, not major yet but want to get it resolved before it is.

I have pulled the shelving and cover board from the top so I can see behind it, but I cant see anything leaking.

Is it difficult to pull it out to get behind it to get a closer look at it?
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992
13 REPLIES 13

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
lj2654 wrote:
Thanks for all the advice...it did take a bit of muscle to maneuver it out of the cabinet and out of the Rv.....

We found the issue, has a cracked tub where the rivets are holding section together....just gonna put a new one in.....simpler and probably cant fix the antique anyway! At least its on sale $300 less than normal.

You might want to check PPL motor Home, found mine there 300 less than anywhere else w/ free shipping.

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
Before dumping the old unit, take out all the circuit boards and save as spares....Dennis

Exactly, I pulled anything that might fail and hauled them around till I sold the rig. I offered them to a mobile Rv tech and he was thrilled and bought me a gift certificate for a local dinner place.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Before dumping the old unit, take out all the circuit boards and save as spares....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
lj2654 wrote:
Thanks for all the advice...it did take a bit of muscle to maneuver it out of the cabinet and out of the Rv.....

We found the issue, has a cracked tub where the rivets are holding section together....just gonna put a new one in.....simpler and probably cant fix the antique anyway! At least its on sale $300 less than normal.

I had the exact same issue, stainless steel tub cracked allowing the water to leak out. I was going to pull it apart and have the tub welded and then reuse. After I got it out and apart, decided to just go buy a new one. Mine was about 6 years old when it split and was used probably 3 times a week while we were full time traveling.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer

2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I pulled mine out by myself. That said, I built a small table for it to rest on. This table was the same height as the unit in the cabinet. This means all I had to do was slide the unit forward onto the table. Once the front of the unit was on the table edge, I could tilt it forward to gain access to the bottom which will need to be removed in order to get to the pump and mechanisms. Pretty easy to do. My leak was coming from the pump itself and could not be seen without pulling the washer out. Once you're through, you simply move the table back to the opening and tilt the washer back into place. If you don't/can't/don't know how to make your own table, here's an alternative. Measure the distance from the floor to the bottom of the washer then hit the thrift shops to find a table close to that height. When you're done you can re-donate the table.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
My leak was the pump. That can be changed out from the bottom of the unit after it is removed from the cabinet

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
agree with checking the front lint trap on the lower right hand corner first. we have pulled ours out to clean out the back exhaust vent. We pull it out onto a chair with a throw rug turned upside down under the chair so we can slide it out into the kitchen area to work on it. definitely takes two people to get it out and back in in our rig because it blocks the hallway once it is on the chair. We need one person on the front and one person on the back to move it into the kitchen area.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
While you may be able to access stuff if your a contornist, its best to get a strong helper and pull it out. Once out taking it apart is easy.
There is a lint filter down low that you can access by removing the front panel. There is a gasket on the cap that might be your problem. More than likely you have either a bad or loose hose. Before anything, reach over the top find the valve assembly and try tightening the hoses.

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
I can access the back of mine through a side panel in my closet.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Google "Leak Splendide", watch some youtube vids. It may be built up lint somewhere. If that is the original unit, if I had to take it out, Id be tempted to replace it.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
I have pulled mine out three times in 14 years. They are heavy and because they are usually up against a wall they are difficult to maneuver. My issue was the belt coming off and the vent line working loose. So I cut a vertical opening in the closet wall that separated the washer dryer from the closet. It was big enough for me to get my arm behind the unit to reattach the belt and the vent line, as well as work with the water lines if need be. I have not had either belt or vent issues for about 5 years but it’s nice to be able to acces the back without pulling that beast out.
Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Difficult? HOW STRONG ARE YOU? The washer and the washer dryer combo are very heavy and bulky. You will have to pull it out of the cabinet to remove the rear panel to find and diag the cause of the leak. Are you positive it is NOT the hot and cold line rear connections? Those can be checked without pulling the washer. Doug