cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide won't retract

howdy35
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a 1999 National Tradewinds and the slide wont come in. It seems to make contact but then quits moving. Do you know whether it gets electrical power from the House batteries or the Starting batteries? I have new house batteries and not so new starting batteries. It has always seemed to "load up" when beginning to retract before but after the initial "load", it would come back in. It acts like it looses electrical power.

Any help would be appreciated.
1999 National Tradewinds 7370
2014 Honda CR-V--Toad
Fulltime
5 REPLIES 5

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Your National uses the House Batteries. The auto resetting breaker is usually located in the fuse block assbly in the right side storage compartments. But, rule out the Auto reset theory if when it stops and you immediately push the button and it jumps again. Auto resets do NOT reset that fast. Usually 3 to 5 seconds up to 10 seconds. To locate that auto reset, find the storage compartment with that breaker/fuse panel. Have someone operate the slide. When a Auto reset trips, it makes a distinctive "clink" sound. Doug

howdy35
Explorer II
Explorer II
What/Where is an auto resetting breaker? As I said, my house batteries are new and the problem still exists.
1999 National Tradewinds 7370
2014 Honda CR-V--Toad
Fulltime

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
If it starts and stops, that is a common symptom of a weak auto-restting breaker.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Turn on your headlights and once you push the retract switch if the lights dim it is on the chassis battery. If not it is on the house batteries.
You might try starting the vehicle and charging the house batteries enough to retract the slide. Some coaches you can retract with the engine running and some you cannot but at least the alternator can charge the house batteries.
If none of this works, then you can dig out the owners manual and see what you have to do to manually retract the slide.

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like low battery.
Probably house battery I would guess.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net