cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2005 Expedition 34H replace flooring question?(Pic added)

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
I have been reading up on flooring projects on here specifically changing carpet to laminate flooring. The problem I see is the driver side slide has a plastic runner on each end of the slide that rides on the carpet it has left a pretty good indentation where it rides on both ends of the slide in the carpet when running the slide in and out. I have my doubts about any flooring products holding up to this. Have any of you changed flooring with a slide like this? The slide is a Power Gear brand. It is a heavy slide.

2005 34' Expedition Cat C7 Allison 3000
3 REPLIES 3

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
I have been considering several options I do machine work and machine a lot of plastic & aluminum. I am going to try and construct a roller for one and possibly machine a "T" shaped piece of aluminum to go into the floor allowing the flooring to tuck under it but still float. The aluminum is for the roller to ride on rather than on the flooring. I am thinking even if I make a roller it will still leave a mark on the floor where it runs back and forth. I may try the roller idea and if it damages the floor add the aluminum. I don't really want a piece of aluminum in the floor but it may look better than a damaged floor.

I posted this hoping someone had already solved this issue.

Thanks Mike
2005 34' Expedition Cat C7 Allison 3000

johnsonbert
Explorer
Explorer
Double post sorry!!
2006 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV 42' Tag, ISL 400,(new to us), Residential Refrig, 10KW Onan, Bosch Washer/220V Dryer (previously 2003 American Tradition 40W) 2010 Chev Malibu LT

johnsonbert
Explorer
Explorer
A couple of thoughts on that. There is a company that makes a wide nylon(?) slide like skid plate for slideouts, that may be one possibility. Anything wider would spread the weight out a little and help decrease the centralized groove. They make a vinyl cutting board for the kitchen, thin vinyl, and we have used those before to protect rub areas. Just a thought. Hope this may help, Happy trails Bert
2006 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV 42' Tag, ISL 400,(new to us), Residential Refrig, 10KW Onan, Bosch Washer/220V Dryer (previously 2003 American Tradition 40W) 2010 Chev Malibu LT