cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to sell a tow car

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2009 Smart Car. It is setup for towing. I purchased a 2016 that i now tow most of the time. I realize i don’t need both cars so am thinking about selling the 2009. Do you have suggestions on how to advertise it for sale or websites etc ? The fact it already has a thousand dollars worth of towing setup might make it attractive. Help is appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9

Y-Guy
I think you've gotten the advice you were looking for. Closing this one down.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Best and now the 'only' place I advertise my RV stuff or buy RV items is the very well known Escapees Full Time RV Club.

Seasoned RV'ers who know what they want and actually know about the RV stuff for sale! :C

Beats the hell out of advertising on craigs etc where all you get is lookie loo's and scams.

I advertised my tow car and within one day had a ton of calls and sold it for what I was asking forthe next day.

You don't have to join the Escapee's Full Time RV club to use their market place forum to sell items. Just join the forum for free.

1. Go here:
http://www.rvnetwork.com/

2. Upper right hand corner click: create an account

3. After you joined go to Forums.

4."Scroll all the way down the page" near the bottom to:
RV MARKET PLACE Then pick where you want to place the ad.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Goldencrazy wrote:
To those who commented about this being a thinly veiled attemp to advertise it here i can tell you that was not my intent. I left out all information about it intentionally. I did include the year which my error. Thanks to those who gave me some good ideas. Do you think 30,000 is too much?

It's never too much if you can get it....
I'm also assuming that this is for it's humoristic value, only.
In reality, I'm guessing about two grand.
The value of the extra equipment, gets swallowed up in it being dragged all over the country and even though the engine hasn't been getting those kind of miles.
Never know though and it takes just one buyer and I've sold to only one interested party, more than once.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
To those who commented about this being a thinly veiled attemp to advertise it here i can tell you that was not my intent. I left out all information about it intentionally. I did include the year which my error. Thanks to those who gave me some good ideas. Do you think 30,000 is too much?

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would try RVtrader.com
Another vote for craigslist.
Classified section of Irv2.com
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I sold mine on the iRV2 website in about a week. Always someone looking for a toad. Smart cars may not attract a lot of people but worth a shot.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
If you find or know of RV-related forums or bulletin boards (both electronic and cork) or similar places where you can advertise and other RVing people congregate, that would be a good place to start. This forum is not the place to sell stuff, of course. Some here probably think you've already gone too far towards advertising merely by asking the question.

To the average non-RVing buyer, the tow setup is of no particular value and may well be a detractor rather than an attractive feature since it generally means additional wear and tear that is not accounted for in the odometer mileage. I of course would not suggest or try to mislead anyone about the condition and history, but it's not something that I'd highlight if selling to the broader public either.

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
RV.NET would be a great place since you have already listed it here. :S

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Craigslist
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly