cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Back to RVing Again

Berk_Shaw
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I have been RVing for many years. We have gone the usual route from small to larger to larger still to huge when we full timed for 5 years. Then we went back to a stick home and sold our equipment thinking we were all done with RVing. After a few years, we really missed camping (we are outback, off grid campers). Two years ago we decided to try tent trailering but after a while got sick of packing and unpacking every time we over nighted.

I sold the tent trailer and last spring found an oldie but a goodie which fits right in with the type of camping we like to do. although its a '99, it is in immaculate condition and everything works. It is 30' long and has a 13' slide. No leaks and brand new tires and batteries. I equipped it with a 200 Watt solar system and a set of stabilzer jacks. It has good clearance so can handle back roads well. We have camped with it several times this year and look forward to getting out in the spring.

I am a retired Heavy duty mechanic and have extensive experience with RVs so it isn't a stretch for me to maintain it even though I'm 79 years old.

I guess once you RV you get it in your blood.

NOTE: Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions on how to post in the forums, signature and photo testing, reporting website or member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, create future threads in the RV FORUM which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"
3 REPLIES 3

Berk_Shaw
Explorer
Explorer
When we full time RV'd, we had a 38' Big Horn with 4 slides and had lots of room. Going to a tent trailer just didn't cut it for space. The current rig, while old has lots of space and it is well designed to make use of the large slide. We really like it.

As far as the solar power,I have 2 100 Watt mono panels that in parallel give me up to 9 /amps. I have 4 6volt golf cart batteries at 232 amp hours in series / parallel config. We don't watch TV when camping. We do have a a 12 V fridge freezer in addition to our RV fridge and the 200 Watts keeps our batteries charge easily even off grid for 2 weeks or more.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Good for you two! 200 solar watts may not be enough but give it a try. 13 foot slide will really open up that TT.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad