cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pet Stairs

JCat
Explorer II
Explorer II
So my 2 english bulldogs have gotten a bit older (7 yrs) and going up and down the steep RV steps is becoming a problem.

I was thinking of adding some intermediate steps inside the RV and leaving the outside fold up steps as they are.

Anyone tackled this issue and if yes what worked ?

Thanks
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP
10 REPLIES 10

JCat
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks NCROWLEY, looks like a great product.

And thanks to the other suggestions, for some reason my bulldogs don't like that ramps, they jump off of them.
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased these:

Pet Loader

Highly recommend! Stable and easier on the dogs than ramps. They come in different sizes and widths. We also use it for getting into the back of the Jeep.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

Livies_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
Our dog is 10 and 32# and needed help getting in and out of our cl C.
We found a folding ramp at Bed Bath & Beyound for $ 50.00. It only supports 50# tho. I glued carpet on it as its heavy plastic and would have been slippy. When we are parked I go out & put ramp up for dog. after she goes in I just set it againt the rv til nex time. . Folds to about 2x2 and fits in my biggest compartment.

lucy6194
Explorer
Explorer
Would cold laser work on my 72 year old body lol

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
ArchHoagland wrote:
SidecarFlip...what is a cold laser treatment?

Our Vet does what is termed 'Cold Laser'; to our pup's rear parts to keep his joints loose and working. Made a big difference in his getting up and down steps and his overall running around. We do t once per month.

You'd have to Goggle it up, don't know the clinical term but it's painless for him. he does accupuncture too. he's done out horses before.

Makes a 10 year old 108 pound 'puppy' act like a puppy instead of an old dog... Worth every penny.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I see people use ramps. If they are covered with a non skid surface it helps more. Don't make it too short and steep though.

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip...what is a cold laser treatment?
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 10 year old Chow Lab mix that thinks he's a pup most of the time. When we go camping in our TC (we have the Torq-Lift Gow steps), we put a piece of masonite between the top step and the camper so he don't slip into the void.

When he gets in and out of our Suburban my wife has a set of wooden steps she uses to assist him but I still get to lift his butt on ocassion even though I get that 'I might bite you look'...lol

He gets a cold laser treatment monthly, helps a lot plus I walk him at least 1.5 miles daily.

Like I said, 10 going on 2.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

grumpy3b
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen folks using ramps. You can make one or have a friend to it with a hinge that's really strong and light weight. Folds and fits into a basement compartment.

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a ramp from Pet Smart for dogs that need an easier way than climbing stairs. It is extendable to fit the right height.