MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
BanaMex ATM including that ATM's service fee...19.93
6 REPLIES 6

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Pete Townshend of the Who wrote the best, most precise, explanation of Politics:
"There's nothing in the streets
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by the bye
And a parting on the left
Is now a parting on the right
And the beards have all grown longer overnight

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss"

Or, if you prefer, Head and Shoulders Shampoo: Lather, Rise, Repeat!

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Moisheh the man has multiple PhD, and Masters honors in government administration and finance from big name US colleges including prestigious Wharton School of business in Pennsylvania.
I was surprised to learn this. I am taking a wait & see attitude. He seemed to do OK with a "country" of fourteen million souls.
Anyone that remarks they intend to make tourism easier raises my eyebrows.

I am far more worried about the political and social climate to the north. And the Bear and the Panda. If Mexico survived the likes of Obregon, and Porfirio Diaz, it can survive anything.

Big big difference. Mexicans have class, they may not like something but they don not wear it as a chip on their shoulder. They taught me that wearing a smile is priceless.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I would not expect any good changes from the President. Even though he has been around forever he does not have experience at running a country. I could say more but the moderator would kill the thread!!

Moisheh

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
The market is a little rattled by the cancellation of the 15-billion dollar airport due to political differences. I expect volatility until the president elect elect assumes office 1 December and then demonstrates investor funds are not at risk.

Sell the Mexican White House and the 30 million dollar presidential Mexico Air Force 1? Newspapers and talking heads will have much to report. Lopez Obrador promised to make visiting Mexico even easier. We shall see.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
19.89 including the fee ( 23.2 P) on Oct.31. But we don't pay any other fees to our bank for a foreign withdrawal.

Moisheh

Talleyho69
We've been watching (we need to buy a vehicle) and got 19.99 at HSBC on Wednesday including the fee.