cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ironing Board?

Jedidad
Explorer
Explorer
Question for you full-timers: do you carry an iron and board with you? If so, where do you keep it? Basement? Strapped on the roof? One that folds into the wall like a Murphy bed?
23 REPLIES 23

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
D.E.Bishop wrote:
The DW is a quilter and needs to use an iron for pressing seams, so of course she has her 32" Walmart special. I put it in the back of the closet, the pad toward the wall, pointy end up. I used a screen door latch from the old Bounder(I broke a lot of them, so I had spares) to hold it vertical.

Between the Bounder and the Adventurer, we have taken a few trips that were over two and a half to three months. attended a wedding and a funeral while on the road and she has never used the ironing board. I never mention that fact, never ever. I takes up virtually zero space so why should I even think about it.

I do have some clothes that require ironing, they stay home or I wear them wrinkled.

PS: I should have put emojis all over this post but it takes too much time and keystrokes.

๐Ÿ™‚ :h ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ™‚ :h ๐Ÿ˜„
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:

We cruise about once a year, I have my suit and two dress shirts which I like lightly starched and ironed. Also a couple other collared shirts that donโ€™t like wrinkles in.

When I was a child my grandmother had a Mangold, those old enough will know. She used it to iron bed sheets, there is nothing like fresh ironed bed sheets!!!

Yes, we had one of those large Mangolds, also. Nowadays if you need dress shirts starched and ironed I'd take them to a laundry and have them do it instead of hauling an ironing board.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Jedidad wrote:
2gypsies wrote:
What on earth are you ironing these days, especially for RVing? ๐Ÿ™‚ A towel would work for quick wrinkles out.

Just because you live in an RV doesn't mean you have to look like a hobo when you go out to dinner or a movie. ๐Ÿ™‚

X3
We cruise about once a year, I have my suit and two dress shirts which I like lightly starched and ironed. Also a couple other collared shirts that donโ€™t like wrinkles in.

When I was a child my grandmother had a Mangold, those old enough will know. She used it to iron bed sheets, there is nothing like fresh ironed bed sheets!!!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
We don't full time but we have an ironing board. It's a small short version about 2 1/2 feet long. We store between the wall and the couch.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
The DW is a quilter and needs to use an iron for pressing seams, so of course she has her 32" Walmart special. I put it in the back of the closet, the pad toward the wall, pointy end up. I used a screen door latch from the old Bounder(I broke a lot of them, so I had spares) to hold it vertical.

Between the Bounder and the Adventurer, we have taken a few trips that were over two and a half to three months. attended a wedding and a funeral while on the road and she has never used the ironing board. I never mention that fact, never ever. I takes up virtually zero space so why should I even think about it.

I do have some clothes that require ironing, they stay home or I wear them wrinkled.

PS: I should have put emojis all over this post but it takes too much time and keystrokes.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Mandalay Parr wrote:
Donโ€™t iron much. I use a towel on my kitchen table

X2 - not much needs ironing thee days
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
If you have been to a funeral, a wedding, or even a "formal" dinner recently, you might have noticed that current mores dictate that you can wear just about anything. I have seen denims, shorts, tank tops, and just about anything else you can think of, at funerals, weddings and any other event, even including church. I try not to be judgemental, but still sigh and wonder what happened to the "good old days"?? However, none of the above require an iron and appear to be acceptable to society. Oh, and just for the record, I carry a suit and tie in the RV.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Jedidad wrote:
2gypsies wrote:
What on earth are you ironing these days, especially for RVing? ๐Ÿ™‚ A towel would work for quick wrinkles out.

Just because you live in an RV doesn't mean you have to look like a hobo when you go out to dinner or a movie. ๐Ÿ™‚

No one ever accused me of looking like a โ€œ hobo โ€œ, as you so eloquently stated.
:S
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
I have an iron for my fabric crafts. Thatโ€™s it. I use a towel on my cutting board for those. On the road since 2015. Canโ€™t imagine any clothes that would need to get ironed.

If we have funeral or a wedding, those clothes are stashed under the bed, and if something happens and we need to wear them, Iโ€™ll give it to a dry cleaner for 20 bucks.

So, no, no ironing board.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

OkieGene
Explorer
Explorer
If it slides around, as posted above, just go buy a pa Kane of the no slip shelf material. Dollar Tree has it,buck a roll. I use it for many things.

Jedidad
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Haven't used or needed an ironing board since we went full-time in 2011. If we did need one, we would use a towel and the table. We do have an iron, but haven't used that either. Many of the campgrounds laundromats have had ironing boards and irons for use by the campers.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ironing board?

Clearly never a bachelor ๐Ÿ™‚

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
The last time I used an Iron and Ironing board the Dead Sea wasn't even sick.