cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have lost a Great Friend of this Forum

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
With great pain and sorrow I have to announce that I was informed of the death of one of our long time members.

John Davis,known here as j-d has passed away.

I considered him a good friend even though I have never met him,we exchanged a lot of information over the years.

He will be greatly missed by me and I am sure many others,his insightful and fact filled posts helped me with the many aspects of owning and maintaining a RV and the joy of this lifestyle, I am sure they had helped many others.

I will be sending a link to this post to his wife Judy.

Rest In Peace My Good Friend
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C
22 REPLIES 22

S1njin
Explorer
Explorer
I’m very sorry to read this tonight. There are some member’s responses that I looked for and considered gospel. His was always among them. I traded many posts with him and I will miss him.

My thoughts and prayers to his family. Godspeed J-D.
2019 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

ronfisherman
IAMICHABOD wrote:
shelbyfv wrote:
I tried to report the above post as spam but got an error. Maybe someone else can try.

It was reported by PM to Admin and it was taken down. Thank you shelbyfv.

Thank you Admin.

At this time if you have a problem with a post use list of Moderators at upper right corner of each forum to send a PM.
Thanks for notice.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
shelbyfv wrote:
I tried to report the above post as spam but got an error. Maybe someone else can try.

It was reported by PM to Admin and it was taken down. Thank you shelbyfv.

Thank you Admin.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
Deleted. AOK

John_S_
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry to hear this. I know I have not been on here as much after so many years but I did have lots of interactions with him.
John
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on a Ford 550
2018 Rubicon
Boo Boo a Mi Kie
42' 36' & 34 Foretravels sold
2007 Born free 24 sold
2001 Wrangler sold
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland sold
Susie Dolly, Lolly &Doodle (CKC) now in our hearts and thoughts

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
Rest in peace JD. May your family have peace knowing that you are in a better place and now have perfect health and fellowship with the Lord.
God is the pilot of our trip through life. We give thanks to him daily and continue to ask for his blessings in our travel to keep us safe.
I liked seeing your signature in the forum.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
ron.dittmer wrote:
j-d was a genuine down to earth, straight-shooting fellow. I had the pleasure of talking with him on the phone. Like many here, I too will miss him.

I wonder what happened?

To John Davis's wife. I pray you find comfort and strength by leaning on our God and Savior Jesus Christ. Find comfort in knowing that John is NOT Resting In Peace. He's partying up there, and probably helping God set up your accommodations so that when your time comes, it's setup perfectly for you.

In Christ,
Ron Dittmer

Double ditto. He will be missed.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
j-d was a genuine down to earth, straight-shooting fellow. I had the pleasure of talking with him on the phone. Like many here, I too will miss him.

I wonder what happened?

To John Davis's wife. I pray you find comfort and strength by leaning on our God and Savior Jesus Christ. Find comfort in knowing that John is NOT Resting In Peace. He's partying up there, and probably helping God set up your accommodations so that when your time comes, it's setup perfectly for you.

In Christ,
Ron Dittmer

marty1300
Explorer
Explorer
This is sad news, I liked reading his replies, he had a lot of knowledge. And I also like his signature
RIP j-d
Marty

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
RIP, JD, not only will your immediate family miss you but your RV family will too.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

RambleOnNW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry to hear about the passing of JD, condolences to the family.
JD was a great technical resource for all aspects of Class Cs and a role model for taking on the big projects.
I particularly liked his project to upgrade his Class C’s front end to the latest components using a front-end takeoff from a 4x4 conversion.
2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

lfcjasp
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear about JD's passing. RIP

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
Sad to hear of his passing. I've been off for at least a year and haring this first thing is eye-opening. We only have so much time. Spending it in ways we love and helping others along the way is just about the best gift we have. Thanks to j-d and his help over the years. RIP
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear this news.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad