cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

First trip with Andersen Ultimate Hitch

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Just completed our first trip with the new Andersen Ultimate FW hitch. 1580 miles and I must say I am really pleased with the hitch's performance. No chucking or bucking. Easy loading and unloading too. I own a Truck camper too so 35 pounds to remove/install was a huge factor.

121 REPLIES 121

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think I agree with the OP. Past time for this one to end.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
billyray50 wrote:
Think it is time to end this thread. I will keep my Andersen trip reports to myself in the future. Moderator?

Maybe there are others that would like to contribute!

Why should they need/want to?

Product reviews?

Do you think by posting about your (or their) first -or fifth- trip readers will run out and buy one? Or *not* buy one?

If you're happy...that's outstanding!!..

:C

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
sayoung wrote:

If the puck hitchs didn't have those slender leg like attach points , as I said the weak point imo.

While I like slender legs, this hitch has no sign of any, just solid cam type attachment points! I'll make it simple....the locking cams attach to a solid under bed frame, which is solid mounted to truck frame. Easy in/out, most solid fastening to date. Another pic, to also help to better understand. ๐Ÿ™‚

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
This retired carpenter agrees the 2nd view is the best. Might be wrong but I know what I would buy because shorter has to be stronger.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"If the puck hitchs didn't have those slender leg like attach points , as I said the weak point imo."

First pic CURT 25K, Second B&W 25K. You decide if either has a "slender leg".

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
billyray50 wrote:
Think it is time to end this thread. I will keep my Andersen trip reports to myself in the future. Moderator?

Maybe there are others that would like to contribute!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
billyray50 wrote:

No kidding , Andersen threads sure light the fire ๐Ÿ™‚

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
sayoung wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
N-Trouble wrote:
What 5er hitch DONT you have to get in the truck to mount it?
Yeah, I kind of wondered about that myself. Seems to me that 4 points of contact would be stronger, and more resistant to flex and twist, than a single mounting point. JMO of course.

If the puck hitchs didn't have those slender leg like attach points , as I said the weak point imo.

If you have actually looked at a B&W puck hitch you would not make that comment. CURT thatโ€™s another story!

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
N-Trouble wrote:
Yeah, I kind of wondered about that myself. Seems to me that 4 points of contact would be stronger, and more resistant to flex and twist, than a single mounting point. JMO of course.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
N-Trouble wrote:
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
sayoung wrote:
MFL wrote:
WTP-GC wrote:

Along those same lines, nearly all fifth wheel hitch manufacturers STILL make hitches for single point and rail attachment. The "puck" system is a relatively new innovation that has its merits. But to discount a single point attachment which has been used for many decades to haul larger, more robust loads (equipment, cattle trailers) is just silly. Truth be told, not all new trucks are being sold with the pucks. In fact, to my knowledge, it's not considered standard equipment on GM trucks like it is on Ford/Ram trucks. Considering the many different ways I use my truck, I'm quite happy NOT to have the pucks.

The turn over ball was great, still is for equip/stock trailers, but we are talking FW trailers. While the decades old T/O ball, with Companion, still works for many, the puck system is better in every way. If you were in the FW hitch business, manufacturing them like Andersen, you would be wise to step up, to improve business/sales, and move forward into the future.

Good your current set up works best for you.

Jerry

Please explain to me WHY the puck is so much technically advanced & superior system than any other.

For one your hitch is directly connected at 4 corners to the frame with the puck system. With the older 18k Companion and current Andersen Ultimate hitches you can have bed deflection hauling larger loads. I did so with my 18k Companion towing 18k.

The FACT is Andersen is using the truck bed to hold the hitch in place to control fore and aft movement.

Yeah I know what the puck is . I just don't see the greatness. To me, those 4 claw foot bathtub leg hitch is the weakness. Plus You still gotta get in the truck to mount it.