cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any companies take base plates in trade?

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know if any companies will buy used base plates or take them in trade. I've got three now that I've taken off different toads. Two Blue Ox and One RoadMaster. Of course, I'm going to have to buy another.

It would be nice to trade them in on the new one. I know they are not worth much to a retailer but they aren't worth much to me either right now. I was just thinking they might sell remanufactured ones.
:CNever pass up a chance to go somewhere:C
10 REPLIES 10

wvabeer
Explorer
Explorer
Tinstar wrote:
Anyone know if any companies will buy used base plates or take them in trade. I've got three now that I've taken off different toads. Two Blue Ox and One RoadMaster. Of course, I'm going to have to buy another.

It would be nice to trade them in on the new one. I know they are not worth much to a retailer but they aren't worth much to me either right now. I was just thinking they might sell remanufactured ones.

I need a BX2671 blue ox.
1999 Dutch Star DP3884
2015 Camplite 6.8C
2012 Cherokee 39L destination
2022 F350 XL 4x4
07 FLHRS

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
Craig's List... No listing fees or commission. Have bought and sold a couple over the years.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
^^ Just out of curiosity, I looked on eBay, and out of over 5000 listings for baseplate only about 18 were used. I found one for a 2012-14 CRV (just an example) for $225, but shipping was almost $180. On another site I found a new example of the same model for $395 with free shipping. Go figure. I think if you could sell a baseplate locally you might do ok, but trying to ship a heavy piece of steel anywhere costs just about as much as the piece of steel is worth.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
They'll probably sell very easily on eBay. You can do a search there and see what the selling history is.

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
Chris Bryant wrote:
I'd just leave them on the vehicle- used base plates are near worthless, unless it's for a very popular model and year.
I've taken a bunch on consignment, wound up scrapping every single one.

That's what I would expect, not worth any more than scrap value.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

Y-Guy
Executive wrote:
Since no one knows whether a used base plate has been compromised...

Well said!

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Since no one knows whether a used base plate has been compromised, it's doubtful you'll find anyone looking for a used one. I would not buy one used myself and given their cost new, I don't think anyone else would either....Craigslist, Hitchtrader or Ebay are your best bets though....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
eBay them.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
I'd just leave them on the vehicle- used base plates are near worthless, unless it's for a very popular model and year.
I've taken a bunch on consignment, wound up scrapping every single one.
-- Chris Bryant

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Hitchtrader.com. Sorry, I can't make a link on my Kindle.

I'm not sure if they trade them but, you can sell them on their site.