cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ATC 5th Wheel TH??

Dagwood_55
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone on here actually have the ATC 5th Wheel TH?? Or seen one??

I'm interested in possibly ordering one, but I won't spend 100K till Ive looked and at least sat in one. My local dealer has a couple of ATC TT's but no 5er, nor has he ever had one.

I called ATC CS and they said there was only one for sale in the US, in Madison WI, too far for me to drive for a looksee. And they said there are none on order and they had only made a few, just not sure how many a few is.

Be nice if someone near AR, TX or in the south actually had one. They sure seam to be made like what I'd want if I was making one....
9 REPLIES 9

hvac
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent. Good choice.

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
hvac wrote:
If you think all metal cabinets that are fully hinged with commercial latches attached directly to a metal frame are chincy, then I offer a challenge. After 100k miles and a decade of heavy use,lets compare my problems to the traditional rv construction. So far with about 20k miles, no surprises with ours. None....

Dont recall me stating the metal cabinets were chincy...specifically.

And dont confuse real wood and quality cabinet construction methods vs the **** that is produced from Indiana.

And to take your challange would be a waste. They just picked up my Voltage, it was totalled out. Bent frame, hitch and outriggers. 20k miles.

This was my 2nd and last rv brand toyhauler I am done. I am in the final stages of a ATC custom build design(dont like their "toyhaulers" not what I want for $100k trailer) or Sundowner
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
Dagwood_55 wrote:
I think the quality in an ATC is what I'm wanting from a RV. Its the cold, non homey feeling I'm afraid of. Metal everwhere, shiney, cold. I'm just not sure I can get used to all that. Even tho I know its a better product than the fake wood and cheep stuff in my Grand Design now.

And I'm in the wood biz (we make wood trim), so I do like the look, feel and warmth of wood. I think at this point I would be happier with a New Horizon 5th wheel, I just need to come up with the $150K difference to make it happen.

ATC can build you what you want with wood.
2015 Ram 3500 Dually

Dagwood_55
Explorer
Explorer
I think the quality in an ATC is what I'm wanting from a RV. Its the cold, non homey feeling I'm afraid of. Metal everwhere, shiney, cold. I'm just not sure I can get used to all that. Even tho I know its a better product than the fake wood and cheep stuff in my Grand Design now.

And I'm in the wood biz (we make wood trim), so I do like the look, feel and warmth of wood. I think at this point I would be happier with a New Horizon 5th wheel, I just need to come up with the $150K difference to make it happen.

hvac
Explorer
Explorer
If you think all metal cabinets that are fully hinged with commercial latches attached directly to a metal frame are chincy, then I offer a challenge. After 100k miles and a decade of heavy use,lets compare my problems to the traditional rv construction. So far with about 20k miles, no surprises with ours. None....

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
The prototype is still for sale at a discounted price. However it only has 2 axels instead of the production 3 axels
2015 Ram 3500 Dually

socaladam
Explorer
Explorer
ATC has only made 3 5'r TH's from what I understand. One prototype and two actual units for sale. This is a departure from their normal routine so don't expect them to mass produce the units.

I'm sure you've seen this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0ThmO-lM8w

Have you seen this one? It's not their new toy hauler, but this is a nice setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc2UdOPkl8M

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
I am in your boat. Went and looked at BP ATC haulers. Expext the same feeling just bigger. Industrial, cold and I thought the interior was chincy. Frame and structure built like a brick $#!@house but not warm inviting.

ATC can build a custom hauler w/LQ out of their Quest line of cargo to your spec for around the same $. You will lose alot of the camper/rv features like basement storage.
2015 Ram 3500 Dually

nodepositnoretu
Explorer
Explorer
I had never heard of ATC till you mentioned it. I went to their web site. Interesting looking trailers. They appear more industrial than recreational to me anyway. I did not read about build stats or any of that stuff . Iโ€™m in the same boat looking for a top quality 5th wheel. For $100,000 the are choices.
Take a look at DRV ,or used New Horizons for quality and Vanleigh also.
2003 Dodge Dually Cummins 4x4, HO,Smarty ,4โ€,airbox gutted,2 micron CAT fuel,.Lance 2005 1055.Solar, Loaded.110,000 Easy miles.