cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kelly – Armorsteel RSA 245/70 19.5 tires any Good

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
I have 6 new black powdered coated rims ready for new tires for my motorhome, my current Hankook AH11's are just going past 5 years old and don't want to reuse them and looking at the Kelly Armorsteel RSA 14 ply all position, can get all 6 for $1800.00.

Are they good tires, my Hankook's have been good but these are a little cheaper in cost.

7 REPLIES 7

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Update the tire place sold the Kelly's and tried to sell me some cheap China tires and also found out they cant balance 19.5 tires and only put in the balance bags so I left there fast and went to Southern Tire Mart and got six new Firestone FS561 14ply and all six were Hunter Road Force Balanced on there brand new machines, $2130 out the door.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
tderonne wrote:
What wheels did you get? Are they 6.75" wide? 245 tires are supposed to be mounted on wheels at least 6.75" wide. Or did you just powdercoat the stock steel wheels?

Brand new powdercoat 6.75" wide rims

tderonne
Explorer
Explorer
What wheels did you get? Are they 6.75" wide? 245 tires are supposed to be mounted on wheels at least 6.75" wide. Or did you just powdercoat the stock steel wheels?
Tim

2004 Winnebago Adventurer 31Y
Ford chassis

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
The Kelly's I listed above are a All-Position Urban Service Tire, would this be OK for a motorhome.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
I guess Kelly's are not a heavy used tire on motorhomes, hard to find anyone on the internet that has used them, since they are made by Goodyear I wonder if they have the same ride.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
MountainAir05 wrote:
I ran a set of Kelly different size and they beat us to death and very noisy. They did last and no issues with them.

My Hankook's are not that soft of a ride now, the tread on the Kellys don't look noisy, would like to know from those that have used this brand/style and how well they rode and noise.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
I ran a set of Kelly different size and they beat us to death and very noisy. They did last and no issues with them.