cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for a DP with a back window.

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
Coming from a 5'ver, really miss the rear window, most campsites seem to have the view set behind you. Class A's usually have an enclosed back end. I miss my view. Ideas?
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)
20 REPLIES 20

Bruce_Brown
That is a pretty cool floor plan. Makes me wonder why no one is building one like that today.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
This Monaco floorplan, like Holiday Rambler, was only produced for a few years. If you want to buy used check out this:

http://www.bestpreownedrv.com/1125.html
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

dalsn1
Explorer
Explorer
Monaco PLQ floor plan

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Right across the street from me is an old HR gasser with a back window. I haven't had the urge to go check, but I think side louvers could be opened.

In my old HR DP there's nothing back there that would preclude a window. It's just rear walllboard, some insulation and the back cap, and that deficiency could be cured in minutes with a sabre saw.

I think it's just because the back window would get real grunty.
-jbh-

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
3 dog nights wrote:
Coming from a 5'ver, really miss the rear window, most campsites seem to have the view set behind you. Class A's usually have an enclosed back end. I miss my view. Ideas?

As mentioned Holiday Rambler made a DP years ago that had a rear window. I have seen one up close and the bedroom area was awesome. The one I saw had a couch under the rear window. Here is a listing for another unit for sale with a rear window. Rear window
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce Brown wrote:
path1 wrote:
Copy and paste'd from rule book. My copy from 2008, might of been changes in the one or two newer additions, so double check. Appears to me rear window on motor homes are legal if they comply with below. (I know for sure the OEM's got water pressure spec's changed (lowered) in newer additions, so for sure double check). So a lot depends of date of manufacture to what rules they play by.

6.4.3.5 Vents or windows that can be opened for ventilation shall not be installed in the rear wall of motor home and truck campers.

The OP never said it had to open, it was for the view.

โ€ฆ and the view could only be had by sitting in the bedroom. ๐Ÿ™‚

Many times when dry camping we'd just pull in head first depending where the view was. Otherwise, we'd sit on the patio. When boondocking you can situate yourself for the best view.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Bruce_Brown
path1 wrote:
Copy and paste'd from rule book. My copy from 2008, might of been changes in the one or two newer additions, so double check. Appears to me rear window on motor homes are legal if they comply with below. (I know for sure the OEM's got water pressure spec's changed (lowered) in newer additions, so for sure double check). So a lot depends of date of manufacture to what rules they play by.

6.4.3.5 Vents or windows that can be opened for ventilation shall not be installed in the rear wall of motor home and truck campers.

The OP never said it had to open, it was for the view.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

johnsonbert
Explorer
Explorer
In about an 05 model, there was a Holiday Rambler Ambassador 4 slide 38-40ft model that had an office/sewing space to the rear of the bed. The bedroom area was quite large and the rear most area was elevated over the engine area and had a desk. It had a rear window, I do not think it opened at all, and had the fire escape window over the head of the bed. The slide on drivers side was quite long and had a closet and multiple drawers and other things if memory serves. Hope this may help. Happy Trails Bert
2006 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV 42' Tag, ISL 400,(new to us), Residential Refrig, 10KW Onan, Bosch Washer/220V Dryer (previously 2003 American Tradition 40W) 2010 Chev Malibu LT

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
3 dog nights wrote:

But 5th wheels have the living room in back, living rooms are in front of motorhomes where the big front window is, I had a small Flair motorhome with a rear window but never used it cause we sat in front, unless you lay in bed all day a rear window in a motorhome is not like a rear window in a 5th wheel.

Just my 2 cents.

:B

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
path1 wrote:

6.4.3.6 Normally unopenable alternate exit windows shall be permitted in rear walls.

6.4.3.7 Rear entry doors with fixed windows shall be permitted in truck campers.

6.4.3.8 Rear entry doors with fixed windows shall be permitted in motor homes, provided that no combustion exhausts discharge from the rear of the vehicle.

Who's rule book?

kdk
Explorer
Explorer
I have 06 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40 foot, 4 slide DP with a rear window that is also an emergency exit. I like the idea of having a exit in the bed room in case of fire in the front while in bed. Got some awesome views also. So they are manufactured.
06 Holiday Rambler Ambassador
2016 Ford Explorer twin turbo

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
azdryheat wrote:
OP said he's looking for a DP with a rear window.

The OP also asked for IDEAS. :R

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
OP said he's looking for a DP with a rear window.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had a Monaco 3011 gasser with a rear living room and windows on three sides. I thought it was a great layout.