cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pipe Dreaming? What would you do RV related?

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
With 2 nation wide lotteries on the table right now with some pretty impressive pay-outs, it's time to "pipe dream" again. For most of us, that's all it will be, ... a dream, but dreams and hopes is what keeps us motivated, right?

So, I know this topic has come up before on these forums, but this time, let's keep it specifically RV related. If you were to win one of the unbelievable jack pots, what would you do or how would this change your RVing experience?

It's a given that pretty much everyone would pay off all bills and give money to extended family. Some would invest and some would blow it all. Apart from those types of things, what would you "love" to do that's RV related.

For example, purchase new tires on the old RV ... nah! Just get a brand new RV WITH the new tires.

For example, design and build a new RV park to your liking.

For example, buy property and create your own private RV habitat.

For example, go full timing, not only just you and your spouse, but get an RV for each of your family and bring them along!

For example, purchase an RV dealership and start selling campers that actually have quality?

For example, create your own RV line and manufacture RV that you deem have quality?

For example, buy out Camping World and create better customer service?

I called my wife on the way into work this morning and told her I got a ticket. I was kind of day dreaming on my way in, thinking of something would just tickle-us-pink! And then I thought, wouldn't it be great to go to my local dealership and tell the salesman that the next person who purchased an RV of any type, I'd pay for it up front... only after the salesman negotiated all the pricing to the customer's satisfaction and then surprise the customer that the camper is paid!

What would your "RV pipe dream" be?
20 REPLIES 20

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
I actualy knew someone who won a milion $$$ back in the 70s.
young single dude 25 years old,,used to get hundreds of leters from total strangers beging for money,saying theyre poor and their kids are starving etc..
So He just disapeared,moved no one knows where,said he will do some busines..

If I won big money,first I would get Tesla electric car or Workhorse hybrid truck to do my bit on reducing air polution..

Then build a house totaly powered by Sun..

Then build motorhomes on electric or hybrid chassis to get good mpg..
Would make body from some strong durable material to feel safe in any weather..
hemp plastic maybe

https://youtu.be/srgE6Tzi3Lg

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Baraboo Bob has a great idea. Funny that a couple folks on here wrote about donating to the parks system--I thought the same thing. However---Baraboo has the same qualms I would have, with having the government control the purse strings.
I hope someone on here wins the "big' one and has a ball.
See ya out there.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd buy my own 5000+ acre ranch and RV on it with impunity using my own fleet of these in various exterior colors :B : https://earthroamer.com/xv-hd/
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
I would buy a Class B or B+ for my daughter to make traveling with her little ones easier, especially since the youngest has food allergies. She often travels without her hubby with two little girls (5 and 2) and their dog. How she manages bathroom stops, etc I don't know.

I would retire right now and take my Mom out in RV more. At least one trip to see her family out in LA and she has said she has always wanted to go to NE including up into Canada.

I would probably keep the same MH unless I could find a diesel with same floorplan. If I keep what I have I would change the hide-a-bed to a quality sleeper sofa, so when I have guests they can enjoy.

the only other RV related thing would be to go ahead and retire NOW (not in seven months) and hire someone to deal with emptying house and preparing for sale.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
My pipe dream would be buy some acreage in "Up North Michigan" and set it up so my extended family can camp there.

Then a lot of the money would go to "partnerships" with our local DNR, to make improvements to our State Parks that they need, but somehow Lansing can't cough up the money for.... I truly LOVE our State Parks ๐Ÿ™‚
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
It would be basically impossible to stay anonymous after winning that kind of money. In today's all information on the internet, you would be found out probably before you could collect your check. For the first few months I would probably hire a receptionist person just to "screen" people trying to contact me.

As to RV'ing...

I'm really not sure. Big Class A? maybe. New TT? maybe. Truck camper on new, luxurious truck? maybe. Earth Roamer custom type vehicle? maybe. All 4? maybe. But now you are looking at taking care of all those toys.

Definitely get something new... my TT is not young anymore. Do a LOT of traveling. See all the things we've been talking about seeing for decades now.

I would certainly do something for family members. Also help out around town, especially the fire department (I've been a member for over 20 years).

Maybe find out that those extremely rich people are not really happy? lol

It is fun to dream about.

Trekkar
Explorer
Explorer
I think the anonymity would be crucial. There have been lots of great ideas presented so far, but I wouldn't know exactly until the reality of having it set in.
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
2021 Salem SFX 167RBK

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would write up proposals to the National Parks and have them draw up plans for work that needed to be done at each park. I would hire a crew of construction managers and crews to complete the work. I would pay for the work but the government would never touch a single penny of the money. Bonuses would be very lucrative for projects coming in under budget and ahead of schedule.
I worked for the government for 23 years and I know that costs can double/triple due to incompetent management. I love my country, I don't trust our government.
Our parks deserve more love than our current leaders are willing to give them.
I have 2 daughters that would be great for making sure that things are done for the love of the parks.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
Build a couple of RV parks centered around folks that wanted to volunteer for the no kill rescue animal shelter each is built around.

Awesome! When I win the big one I'll give you a call.

Same!

Edit- there are a few things I'd do aside from that:

1) Pay off everything, of course
2) Buy a second, smaller trailer. Something like an Escape 19, Casita, Scamp...
3) Buy some acreage in the PNW for personal use
2000 Country Coach Magna 40',
4380W solar, 22.8kWh LiFePO4@48V, 450AH AGM@12V
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T, cloaked on 37x13.5s

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
Build a couple of RV parks centered around folks that wanted to volunteer for the no kill rescue animal shelter each is built around.

Awesome! When I win the big one I'll give you a call.

1995brave
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since hurricane Harvey destroyed a lot of the fishing piers in the Port A and Corpus area some of the money would go to those cities for the repair of the fishing piers. Also have my eye on a piece of land in the Port A area to create a nice RV park and fishing pier. The rest i'll just blow on frivolous items.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Try to stay anonymous....

Big problems when everyone knows you just won a huge lottery.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would ask my human resource manager to hire just the right person to manage my membership in these RV forums.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer
Oasisbob wrote:
Give most away to charity . Diversify in giving. Life is too short to be selfish

This ^^^^
But, I would also be travelling the nation in a new "modest" (re: no Prevost) DP for the rest of my days.