cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winegard RoadTrip Mission - Trav'ler Upgrade - AC Revolution

PGCR
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought a 'new to us' 2016 American Revolution and have already began the upgrade list. The first exploratory item is the satellite system. Currently we have the Winegard RoadTrip Mission in-motion system, which of course has been plagued with issues and is discontinued. We had (on our previous coach) the Trav'ler and want to go back to that HD system ... my question is this - has anyone upgraded their dome system on the 2016 American Coach Revolution and if so, how did you run the new control wiring and where (inside the coach) did you put the control box? It was easy with our previous coach, I could drill straight up through the roof above an overhead compartment that already had 120v capability ... in this coach, I'm not sure where I can drill through and where I can mount the new dish utilizing the already in place coax to the mission dome. Thanks in advance!
2 REPLIES 2

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The new Trav'ler control wire can go anywhere to the control box that needs 120V power. You can reuse the existing coax cables to run whatever receivers you like so no new wiring will be required other than drilling a small hole above a cabinet that's not in a slide out and has 120V power available. Easy Peazy.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

charwan
Explorer
Explorer
When I remove my old sat "It was 12 yrs old and quit working" I just removed all the old wires thru the roof and pulled the new wires that came with the new T4 back thru and silicone everything. They had 1 inch screws with my unit and I just put it back were the I removed the old one. The new sat will come with instructions. I had to silicone all the old holes and drill new ones because it use different pads. You'll have no problems. Mine has a fiberglass roof and I predrilled thee screws.
N4FAP