cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dog steps

milkman41
Explorer
Explorer
Have seen steps for 5er that are longer and wider than standard. Mor Ryde has something like what I want but would like deeper steps. Have seen it in RV campground but I forgot the make. Any suggestions?
8 REPLIES 8

GON2SKI
Explorer
Explorer
Here's my DIY steps in a extreme height situation. Cost little over $100 for materials. I plan to add a bottom adjustment feature and add a hand rail during the winter. It is designed to fit over existing 3 step and store behind the hitch acting as a bed saver.

2014 Arctic Fox 27-5L 5.5 Onan propane, 4pt AutoLevel, RearCam, Central Vacuum Bridgestone R250's tires
2002 F350 Power Stroke Diesel 4x4 CC SRW SB Chipped, Toyo Tuff HT tires
DW and 2 Bull Terriers

Here For A Good Time.... Not For A Long Time

Campinghoss
Explorer
Explorer
We got the 6 foot tri fold steps from Chewy. Our dogs don't have any health issues that prevent them from climbing but we were concerned that our small dog would hurt her back legs having to go in and out. She had both ACL's repaired a few years ago. We were afraid our large do would mistakenly slip out the back of the steps while going up them resulting in possibly a broken leg. It works great and while wide enough for our 90 lb dog it is narrow enough that it gives the DW and I enough room to go in and out on the side next to the hand rail.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think DTank has a good idea. I will move this to the Pet Stop forum.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
You might also try (ask in) the "RV Pet Stop" forum (here).

Ask the mods to move your thread -OR- enter it with a slightly revised topic.

(you can't post the same thread title in more than one forum).

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Torklift. They also have a barrier that will enclose the rise of the steps.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would try putting some kind of cover over the "riser" portion of the steps so the dog doesn't look through the steps when trying to go up. Maybe even hang a dark piece of plastic or cardboard from the top rear of each step to cover the opening while looking at it from the front.

Edit: I knew I had seen it somewhere. Take a look here for an idea of what I am talking about. ๐Ÿ™‚

Picture from Torklift.com

Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Many places such as chewy.com have folding pet ramps which may be a better/easier solution than changing the steps.

Jerry

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Torklift Glo Steps. Our dog has no issues with them.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB