cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AC filter material

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
Where can I source the foam filter material to replace the air filter intake foam on my AC units? I was hoping to find sheet material I could cut to size. What is the material called? I tried searching on ebay but I am not sure what the material is.

Thanks Mike
2005 34' Expedition Cat C7 Allison 3000
11 REPLIES 11

TLGPE
Explorer
Explorer
If you want good filters that actually clean the air you breathe in your RV, go to RVAIR.com. They make filters for just about all AC units. Mine uses the little round ones. Amazing how dirty they get.

If you are outdoors most of the time, it may not matter, but if you travel a lot and live in the coach most of the time, the inside air quality is much better with good filters.

We sometimes stay in areas where horse and cattle are nearby, and the filters keep the odors manageable. Same applies to campfire (and wildfire) smoke.

Amazon also carries the filters.

HTH

Tom

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
10forty2 wrote:
Unless it's deteriorated, why not remove it, wash it and re-install? Been doing that with the filters on ours for 4 years now and it works like a charm!

It was falling apart I went to Wal Mart and they were closing out the material for the season they use the same stuff for window AC units so I bought some extra at 50 cents it was a bargain.

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
Unless it's deteriorated, why not remove it, wash it and re-install? Been doing that with the filters on ours for 4 years now and it works like a charm!
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

AikenRacer
Explorer
Explorer
I buy a decent filter from Lowes, take it apart, cut to fit. Much better filtration.
2012 Tuscany 42RQ tag
2005 Silverado 2500 w/ piggy back golf cart

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cool. Thatโ€™s a big one. Itโ€™s the water temp sensor that goes bad.

So you got a new belt and service.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
The solar panel was to check off a standard feature.

It was meant to top off the chassis battery but itโ€™s a joke.

The led on the front ac is supposed to light up when itโ€™s charging.

I meant to mention on another post that those units are heat pumps that are reversible for heat.

I donโ€™t think I mentioned that the genset coolant needs changed too. Itโ€™s tricky so ask for advice when the time comes. Extended life of course.

Thanks they just had the generator serviced they did have paper work for that some sensor had gone out and the genset was removed for the repairs.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
The solar panel was to check off a standard feature.

It was meant to top off the chassis battery but itโ€™s a joke.

The led on the front ac is supposed to light up when itโ€™s charging.

I meant to mention on another post that those units are heat pumps that are reversible for heat.

I donโ€™t think I mentioned that the genset coolant needs changed too. Itโ€™s tricky so ask for advice when the time comes. Extended life of course.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks I will head to Wally World again. We plan our first trip Friday in our new to us 2005 DP. I have been catching up on all the over due maintenance I did the roof today it is a good thing it was garage kept is all I can say. I have serviced the engine oil & filter 2 fuel filters and the transmission and filters. But hay the air filter was new. The coach is was pretty dirty not filth dirty but they went to Horse shows with it so it had dust everywhere. I had to clean all the basement bins and pull the dust seals off and scrub them too.

Mamma is cleaning the inside now and she is not happy I hope the fun trip makes up for it.

I am still learning all the systems it is much different than my last RV's when I was up on the roof I spotted a small solar panel attached to one of the AC units?? It has a larger about 3' x 5' solar panel on the rear end of the roof what do you suppose the small solar panel is for?

Mike

full-timer
Explorer
Explorer
You can get the foam filter material at Walmart. Cost $1.00 which is enough to make three of the size you will use. Been using it for years
An Indian and a Gypsy

Joe and Nancy
2002 34 foot Georgetown double slide Ford V-10
towing 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4 Down

mccsix
Explorer
Explorer
I buy std a/c filters and cut to size and get much better filter than the foam.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Is this what you are looking for??
Cut to size.

RV A/C foam filter material
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro