Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TOLL ALERT!!!

10drum
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings,

If you are pulling a trailer, stay off the new 470 loop around Denver. I pulled my 20' toy hauler, for 40 miles around the loop in August, and I received a bill today for $54. Yikes!!!! I think next year I'll go to the mountains from Illinois, through Texas.
28 REPLIES 28

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
And I thought California was bad?
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

dirtyhandz
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Some people have a knee-jerk reaction to legal marijuana, glad you're not one of them.
Illegal marijuana is a much heavier financial burden.

X100!

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
Same thing happened to me summer of 2017.

I now have my GPS set to avoid toll roads.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

10drum
Explorer
Explorer
My son knew of the women to men ratio for every college we visited. He chose the one with the most women. I don't think he wants to live in menver

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
10drum wrote:
2oldman wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Colorado reported nearly $176,000,000, yes that's 176 million dollars from January to August of this year from Marijuana taxes, licenses, and fees. That isn't sales, that's the state's cut.
excellent

Yes, it is excellent! My statement about freeloading pot heads is a joke. However, you'd think with that kind of revenue, there'd be no tolls.

My son refers to Denver as Menver. He claims single men out number single women in Denver since legal MJ.

It's been called Menver since well before the legalization ๐Ÿ™‚ I joke with my husband that he better watch out, there's pretty slim pickins for him here, so he better act right LOL!
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Need one of those license plate covers that obscure the plates at high angles.
Bob

10drum
Explorer
Explorer
My tow vehicle was listed on the bill. I'm originally from Oklahoma (heaven on earth), I remember boat trailers did not have a license plate, because the boat was registered, I think travel trailers had a plate, but that was was over 30 years ago. That brings up an interesting point. If your travel trailer does not have a plate, and there is no plate on the front of the tow vehicle, how could they could take a photo of a license plate?

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I'd rather have potheads than potholes! ๐Ÿ˜„

On that Denver toll, did they get a photo of your tow vehicle plate or just the trailer plate? Reason I ask is, my state does not require that my trailer have a plate, and it doesn't, so I wonder if they could even ID me.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

10drum
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
10drum wrote:
2oldman wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Colorado reported nearly $176,000,000, yes that's 176 million dollars from January to August of this year from Marijuana taxes, licenses, and fees. That isn't sales, that's the state's cut.
excellent

Yes, it is excellent! My statement about freeloading pot heads is a joke. However, you'd think with that kind of revenue, there'd be no tolls.

My son refers to Denver as Menver. He claims single men out number single women in Denver since legal MJ.
Glad to hear it was a joke. Some people have a knee-jerk reaction to legal marijuana, glad you're not one of them. As far as no tolls, state legislators being what they are I'm sure they'll find new and creative ways to waste the money. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes, it was intended as a joke. I am a cancer survivor, as well as a medical marijuana user in Illinois. I have found in Illinois, half of the people in the dispensaries are there for medical marijuana, the other half, is there for marijuana.

dedmiston
Even though it's a surprise and it's expensive, at least the Denver collectors aren't jerks. I dropped my wife and son off at the Denver airport years ago and didn't give the toll roads much of a thought (no toll booth? huh). A few weeks later I got a nice letter with instructions to pay the toll. Fair enough. We've done it again a time or two since then and it was all very civilized.

Fast forward to earlier this week. I got a "NOTICE OF TOLL EVASION" letter after my wife drove on a toll road down near San Diego (I'm not sure where the toll road actually was). The letter says that the toll is $6.49 and the fine is another $57.50. Since they're super swell people, they're waiving the fine this time, but they say that there won't be any grace for the fine if she does it again in the future.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, I can take E-470, starting at Quebec and the Northwest Toll to where it ends to get to work and save about 15-20 minutes, and it's around $10 round trip. Crazy expensive but really does save a lot of time. But $200 bucks a month in tolls is not my thing. The one toll plaza on the NW Toll (west of I-25 to Hwy 36) is almost $4 by itself. But we use it all the time to get to the airport, because there is no other quick way to get there.

As noted, C-470 (the part of the "loop" that is west of I-25 to I-70) has no charge.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Some people have a knee-jerk reaction to legal marijuana, glad you're not one of them.
Illegal marijuana is a much heavier financial burden.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
The Kansas turpike was supposed to pay for itself in 30 years and then become a free road. At the end of 30 years the state did not have the funds to maintain the road so the KTA remained in control. The tolls are reasonable and the highway is very well maintained. There are alternative routes (2 lane) if you do not wish to pay the tolls. The Dallas Ft worth area has lots of toll roads that charge variable rates depending on what time of day you use them.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
10drum wrote:
2oldman wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
excellent

Glad to hear it was a joke. Some people have a knee-jerk reaction to legal marijuana, glad you're not one of them. As far as no tolls, state legislators being what they are I'm sure they'll find new and creative ways to waste the money. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"