cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pull rite Mounting kit question

dunerunnerjw
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all. I have a 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 24v TD short bed...........Im switching from a tow behind trailer to a fifth wheel and just was given an ISR Series Superglide hitch 18k. I seem to be having trouble finding a mounting kit compatible with my truck. I was recently told that the Pull rite kit #2720 "should likely" fit my truck but nobody seems certain. Are there other kits from Reese or others that are compatible with this hitch? And finally.....does anybody know if "airlift airbag kit # 57215" will work with fifth wheel hitch brackets installed? I called the company and left a message but havent heard back from them yet. Just thought I`d shoot these questions out here and see what I hear. Thanks in advance for any responses....
4 REPLIES 4

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
ISR is Industry Standard Rails. I had a 2007 Dodge with the Reese rail kit. Took it out when sold and now it's in my 2011 Ram. Also have Firestone No Drill Airbags and did the same thing. Guess the frames have not changed in the models. Dodge/Rams have full boxed frames so special fasteners have to be used. Kind of like rivets bolts, so they were not reusable. I have a IRS Superglide 18K hitch
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
I thought ISR series stood for hitches that fit on Industry Standard Rails. If this is true, then get on the Curt Manufacturing website and they will have the rails and probably model specific frame adapters. I did this and bought the product off Amazon. Mine is a 2004 Ram 3500 and they fit just right. I also added Firestone air bags that fit without conflict.

As a side note, I installed the the frame adapters and rails myself. I'm no dweeb and have a good set of tools but it took me six hours instead of the advertised two. A helper and a lift would have cut that time in half. Took me 40 minutes to figure a strategy to get the spacer inside the box section bed support and the bed positioned right and snapped in place. The second one took a minute. Too bad the directions didn't give any guidance.

dunerunnerjw
Explorer
Explorer
It was "Pull rite" customer service that told me it should "likely work" and to also call Reese and others for compatible kits. I guess I was hoping someone in here might have first hand experience with my vintage truck and hitch that could give me thumbs up or down based on first hand experience.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call Pullrite they have very helpful techs. Maybe Pullrite bought out ISR (whoever they were) because Pullrite now sells Superglide hitches.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper