Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Forum Posting Help and Support: Arggggg !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
theoldwizard1

SE MI

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/18 08:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Trapped by Captcha !

I am trying to add a link using the link icon but every time I try I get blocked !

https://thd.co/2QBzyLP

https://thd.co/2QBzyLP

Why did it work this time ?

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/18 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For me every time I am creating a post and go to a website to copy a link and then try and put it in my post?......it's revolving door captcha.

Part of it is ""if you leave this site and go to another and then come back"" BAM they want you to wack a mole for 20 minutes. When all that nonsense starts I close rvnet and open it up again

It also happens even if I have saved a link and try to put it in a post.

I think it really depends on how SAFE that website is that you are trying to insert as a live clickable link in a post.

Now I just put the link in withOUT making it clickable.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

mike-s

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/18 09:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Whenever I get the captcha, it seems to be due to the complexity of the post - too many tags (quotes, links, etc.). I think the site has some sort of verification engine which can't handle even moderate complexity.

Try simplifying your post and doing the preview. When it happens to me, I'll start by copy/pasting the whole thing into wordpad, then adding back chunks and checking preview until I find where it chokes.

theoldwizard1

SE MI

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/18 11:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mike-s wrote:

Whenever I get the captcha, it seems to be due to the complexity of the post - too many tags (quotes, links, etc.). I think the site has some sort of verification engine which can't handle even moderate complexity.

Try simplifying your post and doing the preview. When it happens to me, I'll start by copy/pasting the whole thing into wordpad, then adding back chunks and checking preview until I find where it chokes.

Concur !

But simplifying would lose the cohesiveness of the statements.

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/18 01:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mike-s wrote:

X2
That's exactly what I do. [emoticon]

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS