cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wipers quit

23hotrodr
Explorer
Explorer
2007 Itasca Suncruiser 35L on Workhorse W24 chassis. Windshield wipers quit working.

Fuse OK. Is there a relay or wiper controller somewhere? Anyone know where it is located?

Thanks for any help-- Mick
2007 Itasca Suncruiser 35L
2000 Jeep Wrangler
6 REPLIES 6

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Ready2BRetired wrote:
If the wipers quit during heavy rain there is a good chance water got into the electrical connection near the wiper motor.

Maybe yes, maybe no. I had a brand new E150 that wiper stopped in the middle of a down pour on a major highway. Luckily I got to the shoulder without incident.

What I found was the wipers worked fine on low speed but after a few minutes of operation on high speed they would shut off. Less than a minute later they would start up (self resetting circuit breaker). I had to argue with the dealer who finally tested it on high speed for several minutes and then agreed to replace the motor and linkage.

Ready2BRetired
Explorer
Explorer
If the wipers quit during heavy rain there is a good chance water got into the electrical connection near the wiper motor. Had a Winnie on same chassis, 06 model. Sometimes the wipers wouldn't turn off sometimes wouldn't turn on but just in heavy rain situations. Used dielectric grease at the connection wrapped it in plastic no additional problems. Something to try....

23hotrodr
Explorer
Explorer
egh33 wrote:
My wipers quit working in last June as I was driving over the continental divide just east of Butte, MT. Raining like mad. Just pulled off as quick as I could, waited till it quit raining then on into the Camp ground west of Butte. After speaking to couple of parts stores, found one who was able to help me. He told me I could order one on line and have it delivered where ever I wanted it the next day. He said I could have them put it on or I could put it on my self and it would be a lot cheaper than they could do it for me. So I was able to have it delivered to the RV park where I was at the next day. I traveled to the park where I had a reserved lot. With in a couple of hours after I was parked, UPS brought the motor right to me. You don't have to be a genius to replace it. Just a screw driver and small adjustable wrench. Had the new one on in less than an hour.
Plus. By golly it just works fine.
Mine was on Winnebago adventure, work horse chassis. Motor on mine is just under the hood below center of the windshield . Follow the wiper arm and there it is.

Yes, that's where my motor is also. Thought there was probably another electronic wiper controller somewhere that might be the culprit. Maybe the motor assembly is all there is. If there is an electronic controller, I need to know its location. Thanks-- Mick
2000 Jeep Wrangler

egh33
Explorer
Explorer
My wipers quit working in last June as I was driving over the continental divide just east of Butte, MT. Raining like mad. Just pulled off as quick as I could, waited till it quit raining then on into the Camp ground west of Butte. After speaking to couple of parts stores, found one who was able to help me. He told me I could order one on line and have it delivered where ever I wanted it the next day. He said I could have them put it on or I could put it on my self and it would be a lot cheaper than they could do it for me. So I was able to have it delivered to the RV park where I was at the next day. I traveled to the park where I had a reserved lot. With in a couple of hours after I was parked, UPS brought the motor right to me. You don't have to be a genius to replace it. Just a screw driver and small adjustable wrench. Had the new one on in less than an hour.
Plus. By golly it just works fine.
Mine was on Winnebago adventure, work horse chassis. Motor on mine is just under the hood below center of the windshield . Follow the wiper arm and there it is.

23hotrodr
Explorer
Explorer
There is no wiper controller near the wiper motor. Motor and gearbox assembly only. Was hoping someone would know where Winnebago hides these things.
2000 Jeep Wrangler

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Generic answer about wipers.

Wipers do not work off of a fuse. They work off of a self resetting circuit breaker. I don't know where that is located. There is also an intermittent wiper control module (which may contain this circuit breaker). Those are usually mounted on the wiper motor base plate or nearby the wiper motor.