cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thinking of a new Ram

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I tow an Arctic Fox at 9700# ready to go camping which includes 1200# tongue weight. Does the 2500 with rear coils tow OK or is it somewhat squirmy? Thanks, DJ
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.
37 REPLIES 37

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

OMG, I just "understood" what that's about!!! Too DAMM funny. :B

Don't get in the habit, they will kick you out of the church!

"Don't get in the habit" LOL
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Don't get in the habit, they will kick you out of the church!
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
My wife gets pissed when I say that LOL

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
My wife gets pissed when I say that LOL

smurfs_of_war
Explorer
Explorer
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
I was sweating like a nun in a cucumber patch.

Possibly the funniest thing I have read for some time now.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
ib516 wrote:
Haha, you wussies! I live in those conditions for a few months a year. I also work in them (LEO). We just hope no one has a serious crash when it's like that outside because you can only be outside a little while at a time. The uniform and the requirement to be able to always have access all your use of force options (gun belt) means you can't bundle up like you should to be outside in that weather.

Heck, I have tent camped, and camped without a tent using just a cheap tarp for shelter at -33*C (-28*F). You just need the right gear (sleeping bag and mat(s)).

Your "wussy" is my "intelligent enough not to deal with those conditions"!!! :W

I don't like policing below about 40 degrees F! Too cold to properly use hands on force tactics.

You Canucks are crazy, eh?
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Funny how that works. I went down to Florida to haul some things up for my Dad in April of 2016. We went out fishing on a private charter. I showed up at the dock in shorts and a tee shirt and everyone else had on long pants, long sleeve shirts and jackets.

The Captain looked at me and said don't you think you should have dressed warmer? It's going to be cold all day today. The temp was 58* @ 6AM. I looked at him and said, I'm from Ohio when I left it was -20*F so I think I'll be OK. By time noon rolled around I was sweating like a nun in a cucumber patch.

Don.

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
I am a Texan. I can easily handle heat that would make a yankee think they are standing on the sun, but I will turn into a wussie if it gets any lower than 20F.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
transamz9 wrote:
I might be a wussie but I can promise you this, I'm a smart warm wussie. Lol I have seen -20 here in Kentucky. Fishing was hard on my boat Haha.

Hell we may see +20F here along the Gulf Coast and I'm having a hard time to convince myself to even go set in a deer stand.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
I might be a wussie but I can promise you this, I'm a smart warm wussie. Lol I have seen -20 here in Kentucky. Fishing was hard on my boat Haha.
2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Limited/2013 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins(sold)/2005 RAM 2500 Cummins/2011 Sandpiper 345 RET (sold) 2015 Sanibel 3601/2008 Nitro Z9 Mercury 250 PRO XS the best motor made.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Camper G wrote:
ib516 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
What ever model you get the rear air system is a must!

Unless you live in a cold climate. Can't hardly give the things away up here where I live. They all fail at -40*. Dealers typically order their stock without them. A friend of mine had a Ram 1500 limited with 4 corner air. It failed within, then again just after warranty. Repair bill was $3600ish. No thanks.

Agree 100% I've had vehicles with air ride suspension. Not my cup of tea for many reasons

I like air bags ,aftermarket. Want no part of the OEM . No control over them, they just do their thing, and I can only imagine repair costs when the warranty is long gone.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
ib516 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Unless you live in a cold climate. Can't hardly give the things away up here where I live. They all fail at -40*. Dealers typically order their stock without them. A friend of mine had a Ram 1500 limited with 4 corner air. It failed within, then again just after warranty. Repair bill was $3600ish. No thanks.

Who the HE!! Lives in those conditions???

Move to northern Montana, plenty of people living there in those conditions. Was raised there no big deal.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
ib516 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
ib516 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

spoon059 wrote:
ib516 wrote:
They all fail at -40*.

I'd fail long before -40 degrees, let alone the air ride suspension. That's why I have a camper, so I can escape the 20 degree temps. 60 degrees colder? You are out of your mind...

Haha, you wussies! I live in those conditions for a few months a year. I also work in them (LEO). We just hope no one has a serious crash when it's like that outside because you can only be outside a little while at a time. The uniform and the requirement to be able to always have access all your use of force options (gun belt) means you can't bundle up like you should to be outside in that weather.

Heck, I have tent camped, and camped without a tent using just a cheap tarp for shelter at -33*C (-28*F). You just need the right gear (sleeping bag and mat(s)).

Camped ,and hunted in 0 and below several times, at 10,000 feet it gets chilly. Tent ,and a good sleeping bag back in the day, not so much now days . ATV's and lower elevation in a fifth wheel suits me just fine these days.:)

ib516
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
ib516 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

spoon059 wrote:
ib516 wrote:
They all fail at -40*.

I'd fail long before -40 degrees, let alone the air ride suspension. That's why I have a camper, so I can escape the 20 degree temps. 60 degrees colder? You are out of your mind...

Prev: 2010 Cougar 322QBS (junk)
02 Dodge 2500 4x4 5.9L CTD 3.55
07 Dodge 3500 4x4 SRW Mega 5.9L CTD 3.73
14 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew 6.4L Hemi 4.10
06 Chevy 1500 4x4 E-Cab 3.73 5.3L
07 Dodge 1500 5.7L Hemi 3.55 / 2010 Jayco 17z
All above are sold, no longer own an RV