cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Holy we'll be eating beans for weeks Batman

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow, the best **** tires I have ever had that came OEM on a new vehicle which finally need replacing after about 40K in 3 years. This one is gonna hurt. Free shipping indeed LOL.

Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?
64 REPLIES 64

Planning
Explorer
Explorer
Planning wrote:
Are you speaking from experience regarding the Sailun brand?

Also, are you aware that Sailun has accomplished ISO 9000 quality management systems certification?

There are plenty of great tires made here in the USA. Every time you buy more junk from China it cost American jobs. You made your money here spend it here and keep Americans working.

1. You did not answer my questions.

2. If there were "plenty of great tires" specifically made for trailers in the U.S., there would not be a market for Sailuns. That is part of Economics 101.

3. In the absence of factual data, you are presenting a false argument by stating that Sailuns are "junk".

4. Free speech includes rendering your own opinion. It does not include telling others how they should spend their money.
2016 AF 29-5K; 2016 F350 6.7, 4x4, CCLB DRW

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"There are plenty of great tires made here in the USA. Every time you buy more junk from China it cost American jobs. You made your money here spend it here and keep Americans working."

Hey now it's all about sharing the wealth. :R
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
cummins2014 wrote:
Planning wrote:

Also, are you aware that Sailun has accomplished ISO 9000 quality management systems certification?

Not sure he is aware of anything , if he has that to say about the Sailuns

There are plenty of great tires made here in the USA. Every time you buy more junk from China it cost American jobs. You made your money here spend it here and keep Americans working.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Planning wrote:

Not sure he is aware of anything , if he has that to say about the Sailuns

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
GeoBoy wrote:
Sailun tires = more junk from China.:R

Obviously you are bit behind here regarding the Sailuns, hopefully you can get caught up :S

Planning
Explorer
Explorer

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Sailun tires = more junk from China.:R

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Planning wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:

Good find . Yes the Sailun have that pretty aggressive All Terrain tread , much the same as the Cooper AT3 or the Toyo AT2's .

That is why I am selecting their alternate model which has the HT style tread pattern: Sailun Terramax HLT 245/75R -17

I prefer the AT's , and Terramax will be my next.

We have the die hard Michelin ,and Goodyear fans on here, but secretly looking into the Sailuns :B

Planning
Explorer
Explorer
cummins2014 wrote:

Good find . Yes the Sailun have that pretty aggressive All Terrain tread , much the same as the Cooper AT3 or the Toyo AT2's .

That is why I am selecting their alternate model which has the HT style tread pattern: Sailun Terramax HLT 245/75R -17

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
Ralph Cramden wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:

Tires never dictated whether or not I ate Rib-eyes. That's just poor money management.

40K :S

Not poor money management, that was humor. Something that is lacking in a big way on RV.net.

FWIW I grilled up some filets last night I hand cut from a nice whole loin. Would of rather had a ribeye.

Not 100% sure where Verde Valley is and not going to google it. Spend some time in SW and Central PA, driving mostly 2 lane state and county roads in the Allegheny mountains, then slap your head when you don't make it to 40K with a set of tires.

Do they tar and chip roads every summer with limestone chips in Verde Valley, essentially making them 20 grit sandpaving?

Speaking of money management , have you checked out the Sailun Terramax AT's , you could afford a whole lot more of those filets, yes I prefer ribeye ๐Ÿ™‚

I actually looked at those but they have a slightly more aggressive tread than I was looking for. I wanted another set of the Bridgestone Duravis M700s that came OEM on my 15 GMC 2500. No way was I forking out $267 each, Tirerack has them on sale right now for $245 lol.

Anyway I picked up a set of them takeoff on Ebay with less than 2K miles for around $125 each inc shipping. Came Fedex yesterday and you can hardly tell they were ever mounted. Still have most of the injection nibs.

Can do the 2" thick ribeyes now.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
cummins2014 wrote:
Ralph Cramden wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:

Tires never dictated whether or not I ate Rib-eyes. That's just poor money management.

Not poor money management, that was humor. Something that is lacking in a big way on RV.net.

FWIW I grilled up some filets last night I hand cut from a nice whole loin. Would of rather had a ribeye.

Not 100% sure where Verde Valley is and not going to google it. Spend some time in SW and Central PA, driving mostly 2 lane state and county roads in the Allegheny mountains, then slap your head when you don't make it to 40K with a set of tires.

Do they tar and chip roads every summer with limestone chips in Verde Valley, essentially making them 20 grit sandpaving?

Speaking of money management , have you checked out the Sailun Terramax AT's , you could afford a whole lot more of those filets, yes I prefer ribeye ๐Ÿ™‚

I actually looked at those but they have a slightly more aggressive tread than I was looking for. I wanted another set of the Bridgestone Duravis M700s that came OEM on my 15 GMC 2500. No way was I forking out $267 each, Tirerack has them on sale right now for $245 lol.

Anyway I picked up a set of them takeoff on Ebay with less than 2K miles for around $125 each inc shipping. Came Fedex yesterday and you can hardly tell they were ever mounted. Still have most of the injection nibs.

Can do the 2" thick ribeyes now.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Planning wrote:
I have about 2 to 3/32" of usable tread left (before I get down to the 2/32 minimum) on the OEM General rear tires on my DRW 2016 F350.

Based upon the excellent performance the Sailun 17.5's (that I put on the 5th wheel this year), I am planning to go with the Sailun Terramax HLT 245/75R -17.

At $587.96 for a set of 4 from Simple tire, and free shipping, the cost difference pays for a set of Centramatic wheel balancers.

They will catch on, some just don't get it. A lot of the die hards fought the Sailun S637's , and we know how that went.

Planning
Explorer
Explorer
I have about 2 to 3/32" of usable tread left (before I get down to the 2/32 minimum) on the OEM General rear tires on my DRW 2016 F350.

Based upon the excellent performance the Sailun 17.5's (that I put on the 5th wheel this year), I am planning to go with the Sailun Terramax HLT 245/75R -17.

At $587.96 for a set of 4 from Simple tire, and free shipping, the cost difference pays for a set of Centramatic wheel balancers.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote: