cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

leaking roof

joe0508
Explorer
Explorer
I have a rubber roof and had some leaks and used eternabond tape.The tape fixed all the leaks but around the skylight in the bathroom i can see the carpet fabric around the skylight getting wet when it rains.I put eternabond tape around all four corners of the skylight and still leaking.Should i apply more tape or does anyone have a suggestion for a spray that i can use on top of the eternabond tape?
joe money
10 REPLIES 10

Monster1
Explorer
Explorer
My new to me pilgrim 267bhss had a leak in the skylight. The dicor failed and allowed water to come in through the weather beaten plastic. I'd think you are much better off replacing the skylight with a new one and sealing it properly. You can order all the items you need from amazon for about 100 bucks.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Heng's rubber roof coating.

x2. It goes on like paint and seals the leaks.

Or, use Dicor Self Leveling Lap Sealant, it also does an excellent job sealing leaks.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Heng's rubber roof coating.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

joe0508
Explorer
Explorer
Joe417 wrote:
I had a leak where water dripped at one corner of the skylight. It turned out that the leak was about 3 feet from the drip, coming in at the far side of the bathroom vent.

It can appear at locations other than where it is entering the camper.

My issue turned out to be that the previous owner tried to seal the leak originally with silicone, then Dicor, and then Eternabond. Eternabond is pretty good but surface must be clean and per the manufacturer cannot be silicone.
Yea i found out about it a couples years ago and pretty much did my whole roof with it.Every vent every seem.But didnt help the skylight.
joe money

joe0508
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
when i use sealant or tape on a square vent, or a shower skylight

i tape the whole frame NOT just a corner or a few screws

i seal the whole thing where it contacts the roof
When i said all four corners i meant from corner to corner.Where it sets on the roof.I would not do just the corners unless i knew that was where the hole was.
joe money

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
^^^^^^^^This is the first thing I would check. Could be a small crack down near the mounting flange. If not, go in expanding circles around the skylight until you find a likely suspect.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

marty1300
Explorer
Explorer
Could be the sky light is cracked. Cracks are hard to see but will let water in- personal experience
Marty
Marty

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
I had a leak where water dripped at one corner of the skylight. It turned out that the leak was about 3 feet from the drip, coming in at the far side of the bathroom vent.

It can appear at locations other than where it is entering the camper.

My issue turned out to be that the previous owner tried to seal the leak originally with silicone, then Dicor, and then Eternabond. Eternabond is pretty good but surface must be clean and per the manufacturer cannot be silicone.
Joe & Evelyn

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Not a spray but one of Henryโ€™s products.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

MrWizard
when i use sealant or tape on a square vent, or a shower skylight

i tape the whole frame NOT just a corner or a few screws

i seal the whole thing where it contacts the roof
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s