cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Shower! Happened to You????

BugsRLB
Explorer
Explorer
Has this happened to you? Bought camper new 17 months ago. Florida for 3 months and many weekend trips. The drain developed cracks and then a chunk fell out. Repair shop sent pictures to Jayco and we are awaiting their answer. Two year warranty and hopefully they cover it! :h

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum recommended limit of 640px maximum width.[//red]

2018 Ford F350 SRW 6.7PowerStroke/6 Speed Auto
2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS
28 REPLIES 28

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
laknox wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
BugsRLB wrote:
Jayco was asked if we "swing" by the factory on our way to St. Louis in December, would they be able to fix it at the factory. Reply was: "They are booked out until June 2019"!

HOLY SMOKES ! ! ! What does that tell us about Jayco dealers, and or the products??? 8 months out ???????????

Jayco dealers? How about EVERY dealer out there? 😞

Lyle

Dealer? That was the factory????????

Now what does it tell you?

Lynmoor is 100% spot on.....forget warranties and tool up.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
That looks to me like it has been flexing repeatedly at the connection between shower pan and drain stub. Maybe even as you tow the unit. Hard to say whether it was a bad job of alignment, or failure to bed the pan properly.

Disgusting as it is to face, Jayco does not care about your loss of use. They could hire enough staff to handle their work load in a timely manner, but they choose not to. I don't think any brand is any better about that.

So you're stuck with deciding what it is worth to you to salvage your travel plans. Fix it yourself at your own expense, or cancel plans and wait them out. I know what I would do. It isn't that big of a job to replace a shower pan. Consider that if this had happened 7 months from now, you would be on your own anyway, after the warranty expires. Time to become a full-fledged owner and take on repairs like this. It isn't right or fair, but simply reality.

That 2yr warranty Jayco likes to flaunt isn't so great, is it? Not worth much, but it does give you an extra 12 months of legitimate gripe.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
BugsRLB wrote:

As far as DIY, I believe I have the knowledge and can do it, but why should I? We have a WARRANTY! We are willing to wait a little bit, but December is crazy!

I really believe it is best to realize that there is no such thing as a warranty. Just buy the junk and do and spend whatever it takes to make it work. If and when the warranty fixes it, the repair may be poor.

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
My Sanibel was in the shop for 6 months the last time it was in. I made an appointment at the dealer to drop it off. I dropped it off and it was 3 months before they even looked at it. Then 3 months to get the correct parts in and repair.
2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Limited/2013 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins(sold)/2005 RAM 2500 Cummins/2011 Sandpiper 345 RET (sold) 2015 Sanibel 3601/2008 Nitro Z9 Mercury 250 PRO XS the best motor made.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
ford truck guy wrote:
BugsRLB wrote:
Jayco was asked if we "swing" by the factory on our way to St. Louis in December, would they be able to fix it at the factory. Reply was: "They are booked out until June 2019"!

HOLY SMOKES ! ! ! What does that tell us about Jayco dealers, and or the products??? 8 months out ???????????

Jayco dealers? How about EVERY dealer out there? 😞

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

BugsRLB wrote:

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

BugsRLB
Explorer
Explorer
2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS

BugsRLB wrote:
Spoke with Jayco today. They tried to find a dealer that might be able to do the work earlier but not a whole lotta luck. Some are 3 hours away one way! They told else that if we could fined someone other than a Jayco dealer that would fix it promptly, they would ship the part to them and pay them directly. Hope we can find someone local!

As far as DIY, I believe I have the knowledge and can do it, but why should I? We have a WARRANTY! We are willing to wait a little bit, but December is crazy! It is like having a shower at home that you can't use. What do you do for 2 months? Go to the neighbors! We bought one with a shower to use, because we don't have to wear flip-flops in our own shower, unlike the campground shower!

It sounds like they are admitting the issue and offering to help resolve. While you have their ear, I would ask them if they would support it better, and fix the issue at the factory if you go there? Stop at Jayco in Elkhart on the way to St. Louis...

I know that a lot of these manufacturers have a section for warranty repairs hat cannot be performed at the dealers for one reason or an other.. NORMALLY, the repairs made there are MUCH better than new, as their thinking is different..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

BugsRLB
Explorer
Explorer
Spoke with Jayco today. They tried to find a dealer that might be able to do the work earlier but not a whole lotta luck. Some are 3 hours away one way! They told else that if we could fined someone other than a Jayco dealer that would fix it promptly, they would ship the part to them and pay them directly. Hope we can find someone local!

As far as DIY, I believe I have the knowledge and can do it, but why should I? We have a WARRANTY! We are willing to wait a little bit, but December is crazy! It is like having a shower at home that you can't use. What do you do for 2 months? Go to the neighbors! We bought one with a shower to use, because we don't have to wear flip-flops in our own shower, unlike the campground shower!
2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
BugsRLB wrote:
Spoke with dealer and they said they will not be able to get the part until sometime in December. We are scheduled to leave December 18th for a trip to St.Louis. This is crazy. What kind of dealer network does Jayco have? Can we "swing" by the factory on our way to St. Louis and get it fixed? Discouraged!

There really is no "dealer network", as right-thinking people think of them, just a collection of companies that happen to sell specific brands. One of the major weaknesses of the entire RV industry, IMO.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

BugsRLB
Explorer
Explorer
Spoke with dealer and they said they will not be able to get the part until sometime in December. We are scheduled to leave December 18th for a trip to St.Louis. This is crazy. What kind of dealer network does Jayco have? Can we "swing" by the factory on our way to St. Louis and get it fixed? Discouraged!
2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS

jalichty
Explorer
Explorer
When we bought out 2012 HT 26.5 RLS, it was noted in the manual that this FW was not to be used for full-timing. However, the higher price/quality FWs have no such restriction, like the Pinnacle or the North Point.
John A. Lichty

Splashers3
Explorer
Explorer
Two weeks.....time to make a call.

Good Luck.
2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL

BugsRLB
Explorer
Explorer
Still waiting for answer from repair shop. We sent them pictures to send to Jayco. Monday will be two weeks.
2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS