cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

class c blinds

snow0700
Explorer
Explorer
hello, we just bought a class c. was wondering if there is anyplace to buy inside blinds for the cab windshield and the two side windows. thank you..
17 REPLIES 17

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's not interior, but I use this, make sure to specify Ford or Chevy, they're no interchangeable. https://www.campingworld.com/rv-windshield-cover-with-cutouts-white-ford-2004-current?rrec=true
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Years ago we converted a van we had into a camper. To cover the cab's front and side windows I installed a curtain roller track in the ceiling running all the way along/above the dash and along/above the cab's side windows.

This track had rollers with metal loops. My wife made a split curtain for this track and sewed it along the top to each roller loop. Each curtain half went from the door post on each side to the middle of the dash - joining the other half for a complete curtain covering for all three cab window areas. Each half of the curtain could be slid back to each (driver and passenger) door post for storage when not needed. This was a real convenient setup for blocking the cab windows without having to store someplace and install/uninstall cardboard window covers.

Now - in our Ford van based Class C RV - when camped I quickly install one of those heavy plastic white outside covers that perfectly covers both the windshield and the side windows. This is the best way to do it because it keeps the cab at a more even temperature since outside cold or hot temperatures cannot heat the glass for transfer into the RV's interior.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
We use these on our rig.

https://www.heatshieldstore.com

Roll up when traveling. The front is held in place by the sun visors and the sides have suction cups to attach to the glass.

Really helps keep the heat down. Only use them when stopping for a while, otherwise we have a curtain which partitions the cab from the living area.
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
OFDPOS wrote:
4x4van wrote:
My last mh, a class C, had a vinyl cover made to go on the INSIDE of the cab. It covered both side windows and the windshield, and was held on with snaps.

Exterior vinyl covers that do the same are available at many RV parts places.

Yep have the exterior vinyl one for when we are in CG's.

Below for when we are on the road and stop at ? for the night.
That way we don't have to go outside and remove the exterior one off the windshield, we can just fire up and go if need be...
Interestingly, we did the opposite. We used an exterior cover when parked at home, since that helped to keep the windshield clean between trips. When camped, we used the interior one so that we could pull down a corner to take a quick look outside if we needed/wanted.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

Sqdancecaller
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a Windshield cover for the outside of our Thor Chateau
that has screens that you roll the vinyl down to expose. Really like that we can see out the front window and even roll the windows down on the sides and still have air coming thru. We purchased them online thru Camping World the same week we purchased the unit. I believe they were ADCO brand. The only issue was that at night you could see into the unit from outside. We solved that problem by making a small table top for the dog house and adding a lamp there. The light from the lamp makes it hard to see in. Has worked for us for 3 yrs and like having the lamp there. Of course you could roll the vinyl up when not wanting it open but we are lazy and the lamp works. This might work for you.
2013 Thor Chateau 32 ft.

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
snow0700 wrote:
hello, we just bought a class c. was wondering if there is anyplace to buy inside blinds for the cab windshield and the two side windows. thank you..
Another possibility would be what they called "screeneze" or something like that. We bought a pair of vinyl screen socks that slipped over the top of the side doors. They were sized for the year of Ford, Chevy, Dodge chassis. Kept the bugs from passing through if you rolled the windows down a little. Kept the sun from heating up the cab. You could even drive the campground if need be.
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
Hi snow0700,

Walmart sells generic 2-piece automotive pop-open sun shades. The "Super Jumbo" plain silver on one side and black on the other, fits the E350/E450 wind shield perfectly. The "Universal" size, fits each van side window nicely. We hold them in place by resting them on the arm rest, then tuck them behind the seat belt upper mount & the edge of the sun visor.

This time of year, Walmart discounts these sunshades. We bought a bunch for $2 per set, gave some to my brother for his E350 motor home, and kept extra for us. They don't last forever. Our first set held up for 6 years.

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
4x4van wrote:
My last mh, a class C, had a vinyl cover made to go on the INSIDE of the cab. It covered both side windows and the windshield, and was held on with snaps.

Yep have the exterior vinyl one for when we are in CG's.

Below for when we are on the road and stop at ? for the night.
That way we don't have to go outside and remove the exterior one off the windshield, we can just fire up and go if need be...

On our last C we just took a sheet and clipped it on the overhead section and let it hang down behind the cab seats when we parked.
That way less to cool and heat while parked...

Our new to us C has the snap type/curtain just above behind the cab seats , even then we still put the sunshade in the inside of the windshield along with similar to what Rockhillmanor on the side windows to help with heat.

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer

We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

macjom
Explorer
Explorer
You can go to Menards or Lowes and have them cut to the size you need.

snow0700
Explorer
Explorer
thank you everyone.. gives me some ideas now..sincerely snow0700

snow0700
Explorer
Explorer
garyemunson wrote:
I'd thought about that back when we had out C but there's not the windshield height like you have in an A. The 'stowed' shade would seriously intrude on your vision.
thank you..

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
If you want the blinds for when you're parked, go to any blind store or Home Depot/Lowes and have the size special made for you. Good luck!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
BTW: These windshield van sun shades fit PERFECTLY under the day/night shades on the sides of your Class C.

Just slip them under the day/night shade to block out the sun to keep it cool in your RV and/or to keep out the cold in winter. No screws, fasteners, or velcro etc needed. They stay put under you pull them out.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.