cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quirky Thermostats

pgeddes
Explorer
Explorer
Following is a letter I sent to Bob, the Tech at Highways magazine.

Hi Bob,

You responded to Joe McChesney of Hudson, Florida in the 2009 issue of Highways regarding his flourescent lights affecting his heat/AC thermostat. I had the same problem in my 2007 Pace Arrow and after replacing the thermostat twice (yes, I am now on my third thermostat) a service tech at Fleetwood finally knew the solution. There is a piece of electronics called a choke filter, Fleetwood part number 355469 and costs about $20 and can be purchased directly from Fleetwood parts department. It cancels any interference from nearby flourescent lights. You simply loosen the thermostat mounting screws and unplug the harness on the back. Plug in the choke filter to the thermostat and reconnect the harness to the choke filter. Problem solved! I would advise a call to Fleetwood (1-800-322-8216) to confirm that this choke filter fits their coach model.

Pat Geddes
Fredericksburg, VA
Pat Geddes
Knoxville, TN
2 REPLIES 2

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Yes kinda weird..When my outdoor landscaping lights come on the garage door will no longer respond to the remote opener control...Chamberlin is aware of this malady but has no solutions - lol

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, the Choke filter has been available for years. The problem is not just on Fleetwood products. The filter is available from RVP(Coleman) also. Problem is, it rarely fixes the problem. Still a good idea to install it. Otherwise, people will continue to tell you to install it. Doug