cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slides coming out when driveing

williamp321
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2003 Georgetown 346 w22. Just notice the slide coming out when driving. Only 3 to 5 inches. What must i do to prevent this.
William

NOTE: Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions on how to post in the forums, signature and photo testing, reporting website or member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, create future threads in the RV FORUM which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"
7 REPLIES 7

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Georgetowns used either Equalizer or LCI(Dewald) Hydraulic jack/slide systems. The Brand of Jacks will usually be the same as the Slide system. Odds are it is LCI(Lippert). If LCI, there is a pressure switch that tells the system when the jacks are fully retracted and the slide room is retracted. HOW many slides do you have? There can be an Internal cylinder leak that causes the room to push out. It takes pressure to keep the room extended and retracted. If not the cylinder, then the actual solenoid(slide hose solenoid/s) on the Pump/Manifold may be leaking internally. They usually have a Hex head on the solenoid to open and close manually and you open and run the system to hopefully remove any debris from the needle valve. Doug

Is this your system?

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/manuals/Leveling%20and%20Stabilization/DewaldHydraulicLe...

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
williamp321 wrote:
Hydraulic. I have check fluide level and its ok.

You have a bad check valve. It is part of the solenoid, so changing the correct solenoid should cure the problem. BTW, do you have selector valves for your slide rooms? If so you might consider closing them after closing the slides and see if that fixes the issues before spending money

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Place to start would be the Users Guide or the Operators Manual provided by the manufacturer of the slide system. There will be a section on securing the slides while driving. Often involving ratcheting nylon straps. You might have them in your basement compartment, that were there when you bought the rig. Mine came with a fancy shmancy crank up ratcheting setup in it's own holder in one of the basement compartments.

The other way to find info is google the brand of the slides for PDF files.

What can cause them to slide out while driving is debris in the check valves. Also a leak can do it so look for oil spots around the mechanisms. Low oil generally isn't a cause of them slipping out.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Slide out locks: Google it.
Lots of choices and options.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

williamp321
Explorer
Explorer
Hydraulic. I have check fluide level and its ok.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Electric or hydraulic slides?