cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winterizing 5th Wheel

zell66
Explorer
Explorer
Click For Full-Size Image."> Click For Full-Size Image. Click For Full-Size Image."> Click For Full-Size Image.

Going to winterize my unit today. the valve in the lower right I have no idea what it is for, and can not find any info in the manual. It is a Forest River Sandpiper 365SAQ.
9 REPLIES 9

grizz272
Explorer
Explorer
I am hoping to be able to camp till the end of October. Otherwise I will winterize when I have to.

hondapro
Explorer
Explorer
I hate to see the posts start about winterizing, it seems like camping season just started.I guess it is coming for us all here in the north soon,I am not looking forward to it.
Steve
2023 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
2022 Keystone Sprinter 32BH
B&W Companion

zell66
Explorer
Explorer
grizz272 wrote:
Shoot, you still have 5 more weeks of camping left. I hope.

LOL nope we blew out a tire so its replace tires in spring and an early nap for my baby. We had her out 7 to 8 times and had one hell of a summer!!!!

grizz272
Explorer
Explorer
Shoot, you still have 5 more weeks of camping left. I hope.

zell66
Explorer
Explorer
Campinfan wrote:
Zell66--yes, you are spot on. Make sure you turn your pump on and turn the red lever to bypass for the water heater. I take out the anode on the bottom and open the pressure relief vavle on the top to help it drain. You do not need to add anti-freeze to the water heater.

Thank you for the information.

zell66
Explorer
Explorer
G scott thanks

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
Zell66--yes, you are spot on. Make sure you turn your pump on and turn the red lever to bypass for the water heater. I take out the anode on the bottom and open the pressure relief vavle on the top to help it drain. You do not need to add anti-freeze to the water heater.

zell66
Explorer
Explorer
So i use the hose just under the city water supply to draw up the antifreeze and the valve is for that hose?

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have the same trailer. It is used to draw the antifreeze out of the hose that goes into the bottle instead of drawing from the fresh water holding tank. I had to figure it our the hard way.