cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Never thought we'd consider a 5er...but .. (part 2)

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Previous thread: It was final. Keep our Outback travel trailer: Click here.

After eliminating the Alpine and the Montana, I did some research on the "net" and found an interesting 5er at a different dealer. Actually, it's the same dealer where we purchased our Outback.

Well, they did not have the one I really wanted to look at, but some near misses. The biggest negative was the inability to access everything with slides in.

The one we really wanted to look at was not in stock. But he promised to call me if one came in.

Fast forward.

Couple days ago, I got a call from him, and they got one in stock.

Montana 375FL.

Long story short, today we went to look at it. We're actually camped at Summit Lake State Park, Indiana right now.

Well, we did the thing I thought I'd NEVER do ... we agreed to purchase the Montana.

2019 Model, Manufactured in August 2019. Montanta 375FL (Front Living). Worked out a reasonable fair trade for the Outback, settled on an acceptable price, financing appeared reasonable, and put down a good deposit.

We pick it up this Tuesday at 11:00 am.

The open front living living room, access to the kitchen, access to the bathroom and master bed room with all slides in was exactly what we were looking for.

However, with the kitchen slide in, passage is still blocked from the kitchen to the bathroom. But we've evaluated and really discussed our style of campering and when it's necessary for the slides to be in and we think we can deal with this. The important thing is, when traveling, we have access to the bathroom and kitchen, although not through the same door.

Did the research on my 1 ton dually, Silverado, diesel, 6.6 Duramax, and no problem towing this trailer with a pin weight right at 2500.

Long? Yes!

Link to Keystone Montana web site. See the interactive floor plan: Click here.

So, everything I was unwilling to "give on" for considering a 5er is now shot to pieces! Steps, 2 levels, and the bed of the pick-up truck. I've got to learn to leave in a whole new world now!

But, there's no window on the rear. So, now I've got to get a new sign for the back of the camper, "The Love Shack 2"! :B
30 REPLIES 30

Sargehut234
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! You have to own one to know how you all feel right now.Awesome!!

markc
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations !
Wildcat 327 RE 5th-wheel
F-250 KR-CC 4x4 PSD

And a Yellow Lab "Sunny"

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Yep! She's a beauty. Here's wishing you many years of enjoyment. I sure miss my fiver (not as fancy as yours, but quite livable). Had to give it up due to sudden disability. Enjoy.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
That's awesome, congrats!!
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

lfcjasp
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Sorry about that...manufactured Aug 2018, considered a 2019 model.
And yes, steps fold up. Gonna really use that back door at parked at home. Thinking about getting an awning on that side too, if possible, for use at home. That would work out great. .

Beautiful rig, Dutchmen Sport! Congrtatulations! The "back" door isn't seen much, but I like the idea...and awning on that side...nice!

Headed_West
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new rig. Curious that looks like Walnut Ridge RV.. We purchased both our TT and this year our new 5th wheel from them. DW and I love the people there.. We went from a 30 ft TT to a Keystone 30RLS. Couldn't be happier.. Enjoy and happy camping.
2016 F-250 Crewcab 6.2L 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar Half Ton 30RLI

Addy15
Explorer
Explorer
Oh my goodness! That is gorgeous! And a back door -- never heard of that before!

Kevinwa
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
And yes, steps fold up. Gonna really use that back door at parked at home. Thinking about getting an awning on that side too, if possible, for use at home. That would work out great.

Just left Summit Lake, heading home now and begin the job of unloading our loved Outback. And yes, this puts one step closer to full timing... on the road, not just the driveway.

So cool and exciting to find a rig that works perfect for your uses. I often look at that street side door and wonder if it is a help or hinderance, bring up the perfect point, so many people have yards where the only way to access their trailer is to walk around it. That makes the street side door a no brainer.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
And yes, steps fold up. Gonna really use that back door at parked at home. Thinking about getting an awning on that side too, if possible, for use at home. That would work out great.

Just left Summit Lake, heading home now and begin the job of unloading our loved Outback. And yes, this puts one step closer to full timing... on the road, not just the driveway.

ETCrockett
Explorer
Explorer
Great looking FW. Good things comes to those who wait. Looks like you found the perfect layout for your needs! Here's to many happy and adventurous trips in the new FW!
Eric & Andrea
2016 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA
2009 Ford F450 DRW

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
ACZL wrote:
Super_Dave wrote:
Me Again wrote:
Wow that back step will need to be folded out when you set up or it will be in the hall way. I would have prefered the old fold out steps back there.

It looks to me like the steps slide on a rail under the door. ??

If you look again, they are the MorRyde fold up steps like you see on curbside doors.

And the frame rail is there! Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Navyvette
Explorer
Explorer
Nice coach! Threw me off when you said built Aug 2019. I was like wow your super patient to wait that long. I really love Montanaโ€™s front windows and that opposing rear door is super cool. Iโ€™ve never seen that.
Enjoy the new found room, I switched last year.

Jeff

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Super_Dave wrote:
Me Again wrote:
Wow that back step will need to be folded out when you set up or it will be in the hall way. I would have prefered the old fold out steps back there.

If you look again, they are the MorRyde fold up steps like you see on curbside doors.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:

Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk