cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dutchman Kodiak 201QB question ??

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
My DW and I are scaling down and if anyone has a Kodiak 201QB my questions are as follows:

1. quality of chassis and type of framing.
2. quality of cabinets IE: are they wood or pressboard cabinets?
3. are you happy w/ the product in general?
4. Does Dutchman have a good quality reputation ?
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD
2 REPLIES 2

cmack
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Dutchmen 190QB (bought new, built 10/2013) with the fiberglass siding and is basically the same trailer as the 201QB. In the last two years I've replace both LP tank hoses, the sail switch on the furnace, two drawer latches and most recently the shower faucet. No issues with the siding or the frame. It a great size for two people and easy to tow. IIRC it weighed in with full fresh water and gear around 5200 pounds.

The drawers sides are plywood, the drawer fronts & cabinets doors are wood but I think the cabinet frames a MDF. No issues to date with their construction (no warping or sagging).

I'm still a happy camper and this is my second Dutchmen; previous was a Freedom Spirit made by Dutchmen. With that said, Dutchmen is considered low end but in truth all brands are made cheap. You could pay more for other brands that look nicer but aren't really built significantly better.

Find a layout that works for you and get out there camping.
2016 Ford F-150 Lariat SCREW 4x4 3.5EB 3.55
2014 Dutchmen 190QB
Equal-i-zer 1000# hitch
TM-508 TPMS

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 Dutchmen Kodak 279 RBSL which I bought new. I have never had a problem with the trailer itself. I have had problems with the Advent A/C unit that came with it and the Lieppert slideout motor. The A/C unit had a 1 yr warranty and of course the unit went out in month 15, went back to a Dometic which I had on my other 2 units and never had a problem with. The slide motor also went out after the warranty was up. Weโ€™ve been very happy with our Dutchmen Kodak, itโ€™s the manufacturers of the components Iโ€™m not happy with.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience