cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sewer Rats!?!

Likepaperinafir
Explorer
Explorer
So i went into my toyhauler today to dust it off for the first camping trip of the year and what do i see but a sewer rat poking its hand out of the shower drain....how do I get rid of this nasty thing...why is it there i never left drains hooked up anywhere....grrr....
8 REPLIES 8

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Possible the vent tube coming out of the roof?
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Small Cat
Dennis Hoppert

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:
How did it get in there????? That is what you need to find out. Once you get it out.

Maybe through the vent stack on the roof..?
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
How did it get in there????? That is what you need to find out. Once you get it out.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
If you flood and drown the bastard you may end up with a dead sewer rat clog of epic proportions, especially in the gray tank with 1-1/2" or 2" drain.

Good point. The 12 gauge is probably the best choice. ๐Ÿ™‚

How about removing the strainer on the shower floor so it can get out, then set some traps?
I would set several in case he is not alone.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
Maybe jam the barrel of a 12 gauge down the vent and let loose.

Might lead to some other minor problems, but I. Like it!:B

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe jam the barrel of a 12 gauge in the drain and let loose?

Seriously....I would open the valves and then take an air hose or water hose and snake it in there. If you flood and drown the bastard you may end up with a dead sewer rat clog of epic proportions, especially in the gray tank with 1-1/2" or 2" drain.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I would fill and empty the holding tanks a few times. Maybe that will flush it out?