cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

generator noise and vibration talaon T313

cubbear
Explorer
Explorer
thinking of purchasing a 313T talon and wondering about noise and vibration being generator is below bed
10 REPLIES 10

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy your new trailer!
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
nayther wrote:
heard some AWFUL stories about buying from Camping World, in particular the LONG term financing (20 years!).

Not uncommon for a 20 year RV loan on larger RVs. That long of a loan term is not a function of the dealer, it's the bank / financial institution.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
heard some AWFUL stories about buying from Camping World, in particular the LONG term financing (20 years!).

Other than that I've not heard anything significantly negative about the brand.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
FWIW we have a Fuzion with the Onan 5500 and the noise is minimal, and vibration is basically non-existent. Provided the unit is at least fairly well built I don't believe you'll have any issues with noise and vibration.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

fatboy1450
Explorer
Explorer
Just found this, we are looking at a 313T this week, can't find a whole lot of information, pro, or con for this toy hauler. Are you guys still satisfied with your decision, and any experience with camping world. Thanks in advance for any information.

Also, are you guys towing with a 2500, or 3500 srw, or 3500 drw truck?

cubbear
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone think I will purchase

ugeesta
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Talon 313 and love it. Yes, the generator can be heard while running but itโ€™s not that bad and it does not vibrate the trailer.

When we dry camp, we typically read in bed at the end of the night so we are over the generator when itโ€™s running. Jayco did a good job insulating the bedroom so the noise from the generator is minimized.

The 313 is a great unit and so far we have have had minimal issues with it. If you do get one, make sure to have your dealer check all the propane and fuel station connections. The ones on our unit were only finger tight.

Also, check the wiring for the motors on the slide. The wiring for the rear motors goes through the wheel well and ours was only duct taped to the bottom of the trailer. The tape added coming loose and the motor connection ended up rubbing on the top of the tire while in motion. Luckily, I found it before the tire wore through the wiring and the connection. Ended up wrapping the motor connection with electrical tape and zip tied and screwed the slack wire to the top of the wheel well.

Good luck with your search.
2018 GMC Seirra 3500 Denali SRW
2018 Jayco Talon 313t
2019 Polaris XP1000 Trail and Rocks edition
2016 Yamaha Grizzly EPS
1 wife & 5 cats

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Onan 5500 your good. 4000 your going to feel/hear.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
cubbear wrote:
thinking of purchasing a 313T talon and wondering about noise and vibration being generator is below bed

Get it and don't look back. I was on the fence also and it's barely noticeable sound wise, vibrations are zero. We are at race tracks every weekend and there's always 'that guy' with the loud generator running, and it usually drowns out ours. I did put an extra carbon monoxide alarm on the bedroom wall at the window, directly over the exhaust.

It'll have the Onan 5500 in it. It will run both 15K AC's and then some.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Which generator???
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch