cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Back up camera recommendations

Bradgny
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to replace back up camera set up on a 1997 national dolphin 532. Something fairly simple to install and easy to see .
10 REPLIES 10

Fleet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced my B/W system with a rear view safety safety color system several years ago, it has performed as advertised. I figured if their systems can survive in a garbage truck operation, they certainly can survive in an RV environment.
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H
Toad, '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue OX, Aventa
US Gear UBS

wd
Explorer
Explorer
RV Cams....Cannot beat their customer service

lily123456
Explorer
Explorer
Go to www.haloview.com,they have good backup cameras.Recently they launch a new backup camera that has a great experience.it has better image effect,wireless line of sight range up to 984 feet,720P high resolution,IP69K waterproof level.That's worth trying.

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Bradgny wrote:
Looking to replace back up camera set up on a 1997 national dolphin 532. Something fairly simple to install and easy to see .

Installed about the cheapest thing, that Amazon had on our 98 Tropical and was even able to use the existing wiring and monitor bracket. Ordered the wireless kit as well and it did test OK, but again, not used.
Hard to believe that they can even make something that cheap, that works that good, while so many other things are so expensive. Color, as well, but did like the old black and white and especially at night.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

jrclark
Explorer
Explorer
Go to www.rearviewsafety.com. They have a number of different options for rear view cameras. I am extremely pleased with the one I installed in my coach.
2003 Damon Ultrasport 3677

wynnd
Explorer
Explorer
x3 for RVCAMS - great people, great service!
2007 Fleetwood Terra 34N X2 w/bunks

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
Go to RVCams or better yet call them at (225) 261-9946.

Ditto on RVCams great people to work with!

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Go to RVCams or better yet call them at (225) 261-9946. Tell them what you have and they will get you a replacement. I replaced mine in a 1996 Sahara using the existing wiring. Great customer service.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Yuwei camera with 5" monitor rear observation system ($159.00). It's powered through my trailer running lights so it can be used for backing up and observation while drive. The installation is easy. Just figure out where on the coach you want to place it (somewhere high on the rear of coach) and connect the camera to a power source. Since it's wireless there are no wires to run between the camera and the monitor.

If it's only for backing up then you would want to connect it to your reverse lights. I think the running lights is an easier option since they are closer to where you're going to want to install the camera.

So far I've made two trips with it and the camera as been near flaws other than 2 dropouts over two hours of driving that each lasted about 1 second. The monitor is clear, colors are accurate and you've got about 120 degrees of rear view.

The system is about half the price of the Furrion system my trailer was prewired for so if the system holds up over time it will have been a better option as far as cost. I've read reviews of the Furrion system and it does seem to offer anything much over the Yuwei system.

I have a Yuwei 5" monitor rear observation camera. It's powered through my trailer running lights so...

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Furrion wireless. Great unit. Clear and has night vision too.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB