cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MOTOR HOME airConditioner

RUNT1942
Explorer
Explorer
My air conditioner is making a very loud noise. Loud enough neighbors,can hear. Its a whine. Does it sound familiar to anyone.
7 REPLIES 7

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
RUNT1942 wrote:
My air conditioner is making a very loud noise. Loud enough neighbors,can hear. Its a whine. Does it sound familiar to anyone.

I've pulled the motor on an older coach and managed to force some lube around the bearings, which didn't completely quite it, but considering that it was initially froze, I wasn't complaining. I eventually replaced it because of the motor itself, with another one from Amazon, that didn't whine, but was out of balance, so just as soon had the whine.
We're going to assume here, that a whine wouldn't be the blades nipping at the shroud.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
How to make your signature so we can serve you better:

1. Log on and click "My Preferences".
2. On the "My Preferences" page click the middle box and enter your rig info.
3. Scroll to the bottom and click "Submit Changes"
4. Exit and you're done.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like the fan bearing is going out, it does make a loud screech before it seizes up..

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would have to hear it but "Whine" is not a sound I'm used to from an RV A/C. Might indicate a bad bearing on... Most likely.. The blower motor.

Could also mean a leaf or other somewhat flexible item hitting fan or blower cage.

I had one "Rattle" a few years ago (or rather a neighbor did) Helped him diagnose then came up with the needed part to fix it (Blower was cracked) but.. Frankly that is a rare failure.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Bruce_Brown
dougrainer wrote:
yes, it does.

:B
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
yes, it does.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know what kind of unit and on (or in) what kind of camper? I doubt you will get a very good answer if no one knows.