cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Waco to El Paso

Cispook
Explorer
Explorer
Traveling from Waco to El Past this coming December. Looking for recommendations for non interstate routes. Wanting to avoid Interstae as much as possible. Looking at jumping back on interstate at Ft Stockton area.
8 REPLIES 8

Cispook
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. Very helpful.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
We haven't driven it recently but this site shows any issues.

https://drivetexas.org/#/7/32.279/-98.439?future=false
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Cispook
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone expand on US190 from Killen to Ft Stockton?

Cispook
Explorer
Explorer
The 190 route was the one I was contemplating. No worries on time and distance as we only travel about 300 to 400 a day when heading West. 2gypsies have you run that route recently? Is the 190 in decent shape? I hate the thought of running I10 again.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Take 84 to 190. RV parks: San Angelo State Park, in Fort Stockton or a little farther at Balmorhea State Park
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

NMDriver2
Explorer
Explorer
Go to google maps and in the options menu select avoid highways. It gives you a couple of routes of about 10.5 hrs each. One going north of I-20 on 180 and one straight across to Midland.
Turret Class traveler

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
Some of the roads out that way are in terrible shape. Way too much heavy truck traffic from the oil fields. Next time we head from NM to CenTex, we'll cross west Texas well north of the Permian basin.

Lynn

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
After these responses search the internet for Google Maps and put in the start and finish locations. You can drag the highway choice to your liking. It looks like a nine hour trip so you might reconsider the use of interstates.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)