cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lake George, NY

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
We might spend a few days in Lake George, NY, next summer on our way to or from MA from WI. Family of five with 3 kids (10, 13, 14) and would want full hook-ups. Any recommendations?
10 REPLIES 10

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Lake George Escape 10ish years ago and it was great. The last time we stayed there they had just built a new "camp store", and it was huge.

My son and I greatly enjoyed seeing Fort Ticonderoga at the northern end of Lake George. If you go, take route 9A that hugs the lake shore, and if you have a tow vehicle to drive - driving a motorhome up that could be a slow go. Route 9 (without the "A") is just a highway. I think I have my route numbers correct!

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another vote for Moosehillock. A bit pricy but HUGE sites and a great pool. Probably the largest private campground sites I have been to and shaded. We were there 3 years ago and eager to go back.

Flintstones
Explorer
Explorer
Just returned from Lake George RV Park, simply the best of the best. You will not regret a stay at Lake George RV Park.

We stayed at Moose Hillock in June, other than the awesome pool, and private sites, not much to do there. We found the park not to be dog friendly or bicycle friendly due to the roads being covered with larger sharp rocks and the park has lots of hills. A lot of the sites are blind side back in's, there are no pull thru's and Moose Hillock. Moose Hillock is far away from most Lake George attractions, and has a ridiculous and very heavy handed wrist band policy that applies to guests of ALL ages. Moose Hillock has a lot of potential if they invested more into the park and became more guest friendly.

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
Great feedback everyone. Thanks!

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
The kids would probably like the huge pool and slides at Moose Hillock. The sites are very large FHU,the interior roads are gravel.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
There are several CG's in the LG area. Most probly close up shop after Columbus Day. LG RV Resort is the most advertised one and closest to Rte 9. Last I recall, paved roads, but sites are close together. Couple of pools, indoor hot tub, lil movie house, larger indoor stage for acts that come in. Nice CG for kids. Just past here is Ledgeview RV Park. IMO geared a lil more towards older folks. Stayed here only once and want to say the sites were close, but not a bad place overall. Further down the road is Moose Hilllock RV Resort. Stone roads, but HUGE stone sites, very big rig friendly. Our fav CG in the area. HUGE pool. All 3 are full hook-ups and in season pricing, they run 80-100/nite. In Warrensburg, there are 2. LG Escape and the 2nd one the name I can't recall. LG Escape IMO is geared towards kids as well. Right on Schroon River, tube rides, couple pools. The one I don't know name to I know nothing about, but is on other side of the river by McDonald's. Over in Corinth is Alpine Lake. Sites are VERY close together. Lots of seasonals. Canoe rentals. Not a bad place (stayed there for a week back in '12), just sites are too close for me.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

leggy
Explorer
Explorer
We always stay at lake George rv park, very nice. Shows at night, movies, indoor and outdoor pools. Lots to do, even bike to the lake on trail or trolley there.
But we also went to moose hillock for a night this year to check it out. Huge sites, pool is really nice but that was about it.

Flan
Explorer
Explorer
King Phillips was nice last fall.
Heartland Prowler 27LX
19 Ram CTD 2500

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer
Moosehillock http://newyork.moosehillock.com/
Great park, large sites, nice pool.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Its been over 11 yrs since we have been to lake george.

3 resort campgrounds in the area that your teens would probably like,

Lake George Escape was good when we were there some yrs ago, still seems to get good reviews.

lake George RV Park gets better reviews but $$$

And a newer campground that opened just a few yrs ago Moose Hillock camping Resort
Same family owned campground that ownes Moose Hillock in NH :C

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)