cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Up date a GPS

Puddles
Explorer
Explorer
Help... have a 2016 F350 with a built in GPS... the USD card has A-7 on it... can this card be updated? Can a newer version be purchased? As I'm technically challenged & would like to avoid the Ford dealer if possible, any advice from the forum...
HTML
4 REPLIES 4

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Got a Garmin with LMT. Yes, it sits on the dash, but I don't have to pay Jeep/Garmin $250 for a one time update. The Garmin with LMT was less $$$ than one update of the built in GPS.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Puddles wrote:
BB . TX
Thanks for response and the link... was able to pull up software info on the truck and compare to the current #'s. Looks like a newer version is available. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes. Ford comes out with a update every spring. We will prolly up date our 2014 Taurus again next spring.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Puddles
Explorer
Explorer
BB . TX
Thanks for response and the link... was able to pull up software info on the truck and compare to the current #'s. Looks like a newer version is available. ๐Ÿ™‚
HTML

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
It is very easy. You purchase a new card, pop out the old one, and pop in the new one. Only $149! I just updated DWโ€™s 2015 Expy last month. Do it every 2-4 yrs on our Fords.

Update info

They are available from 3rd party sources, but I am wary of those. Or you can buy a Garmin and get lifetime free updates. But I really like and prefer the large screen built in GPS. Donโ€™t like a unit stuck to windshield or sitting on the dash.