cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I95 at SC Border

vjstangelo
Explorer
Explorer
On Saturday we will be headed to Charleston. My question is this.

The NCDOT website seems to show I95 open from I74 south (I95 Exit 13)to the SC border. We would be headed down I74 east, hitting I95, then going I95 south.

Anyone who can confirm that I95 is open in NC from Exit 13 to points south?

Thanks.
2012 Winnebago Vista 32K
2011 Honda CRV Toad
6 REPLIES 6

vjstangelo
Explorer
Explorer
Quick update. We decided to go I85 through Charlotte. Massive traffic jam north of town at a construction area where the road constricts to 2 narrow lanes. Other than that clear sailing, but consider this was a Saturday.
2012 Winnebago Vista 32K
2011 Honda CRV Toad

vjstangelo
Explorer
Explorer
Now SCDOT is showing I95 closures near MM181. Sigh.
2012 Winnebago Vista 32K
2011 Honda CRV Toad

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
vjstangelo wrote:
We will be coming down I73 from central VA via Ashboro to I74.

The recommended route is I85 to 77 to 26 via Charlotte and Columbia, but given the whole eastern Seaboard is doing likewise, my concern is that is going this route will be a massive traffic headache.

i think you are better off coming down I73 , asheboro to I74

traveled these areas my whole life. not a bad drive I73 and I74 for an rv

I85 thru charlotte has alot of construction going on and can be a PITA on the best of days

vjstangelo
Explorer
Explorer
We will be coming down I73 from central VA via Ashboro to I74.

The recommended route is I85 to 77 to 26 via Charlotte and Columbia, but given the whole eastern Seaboard is doing likewise, my concern is that is going this route will be a massive traffic headache.
2012 Winnebago Vista 32K
2011 Honda CRV Toad

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
also i-95 in sc may be a factor when the pee dee river crests

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
vjstangelo wrote:
On Saturday we will be headed to Charleston. My question is this.

The NCDOT website seems to show I95 open from I74 south (I95 Exit 13)to the SC border. We would be headed down I74 east, hitting I95, then going I95 south.

Anyone who can confirm that I95 is open in NC from Exit 13 to points south?

Thanks.

we live about 45 minutes west of i-95 and the fayetteville area

yes nc dot shows it open right now.
my wife works in fayetteville, she and coworkers have used the waze app on iphone and its helped and been accurate

couple questions.
what route are you taking from va south thru nc to hwy I74?

another factor is that rivers are still cresting thru out the state so roads that are open today may not be tomorrow. case in point hwy 421 from i95 to wilmington has been open but today is closed due to flooding.

there is alot of extra traffic on some of these detour highways so you might want to consider extra time for traveling

hopefully this weekend will be better for you