Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocks itself???

rbrand
Explorer
Explorer
Hello

I have a Forest River Class "C" built on an 2007 E450 Super duty chassis. It frequently will unlock itself. It has done it at 5:30 in the morning when no one was around and nothing was moving. It has done while driving down the highway. Two beeps and the doors unlock. I'll lock it and awhile later it unlocks.
I changed the batteries in the remotes but it didn't make any difference. I've moved the remotes far out of range and it still does it. I was wondering if it was picking up a spurious signal from somewhere else but now I sure that it does it all on it's own.
Anyone have any ideas of what could be done to correct it?
Do you know if I could disable it?

Thanks in advance

Ross
The less you plan the more options you have.

Currently with a 26' Forest River Class "C"

Ex Navy Diver
Ex Archaeologist
Ex Museologist
Actively retired
4 REPLIES 4

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had a truck and camper and the truck would start itself in the middle of the night and run till it shut off, I think it was 15 minutes. Found out it was a faulty transmitter for the remote start. They replaced the receiver and said that was it, then it did it again. So I pulled the batteries out of the transmitters and by the process of elimination found out which one it was. Only good part was that I parked by my bedroom window and I sleep with the window open so when it started and I was home I would hear it.
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you had any mechanical work done lately ? They might have disconnected something to do work and it scrambled your key-fop settings or computer module settings.
I don't know if it's a Ford thing or not but did you try to disconnect the battery and wait a minute to reconnect it ?
Sometimes that's all you need to do to do a reset .

I followed a 'youtube' video on my GMC and it reset my door lock settings. You can set the horn sound as well or better yet, turn it off and just allow the parking lights to blink to confirm your lock/unlock action.

If a sending module begins to go bad, maybe it would act like the symptom your having ? I would check to see if there is a 'youtube' of this .

*I just remembered a time when a car salesman helped some customer reset his door locks right from his desk while the car was parked outside. This might be something that can be resolved without waiting for a repair appointment. It might be worth a drive-up to a dealer if you have one nearby. I was amazed to see how far a dozen donuts goes once donated to the coffee room .

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have any Bluetooth electronics near it?

I was woke up in the middle of the night in my MH by a woman screaming directions at me!! Almost gave me a 'real' heart attack.

Happened twice. I found out one of the campers would walk around the CG late at night talking on his blue tooth enabled phone, with that piece stuck in his ear.

It was his blue tooth phone that turned my GPS 'on' when he would walk in front of my MH! He told me some techie reason why it could but I don't remember what it was.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.