cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peanut butter sauce

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Ever purchased peanut butter and when you open it, its that natural stuff that isn't mixed up and now its sitting in your cupboard. It makes wonderful peanut sauce to put over stir fried veggies and noodles. Pour the peanut butter into a bowl, add soy sauce, grate some ginger in it, if you have some, add sugar and then thin with water.
(I used those rice noodles that you just soften with hot water because when camping I like simple, but spaghetti noodles would have been better.)
4 REPLIES 4

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
A 9” to 12” piece of bent coat-hangar in a cordless drill works good too.

Make a few zig-zag bends along the length of it and start slowly then slowly increase the speed as it gets more homogeneous.

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:
I use one of these to mix any kind of nut butter. I like the kind with the oil on top because the oil keeps the butter tasting fresher by locking out oxygen. Herself can't eat peanuts or any kind of legumes due to allergies so we've been getting sunflower butter and sesame seed butter. They all come with oil on the top (non-hydrogenated oil). It turns out we like these even better for their flavors.

What an awesome idea. I was thinking I could use my wand

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use one of these to mix any kind of nut butter. I like the kind with the oil on top because the oil keeps the butter tasting fresher by locking out oxygen. Herself can't eat peanuts or any kind of legumes due to allergies so we've been getting sunflower butter and sesame seed butter. They all come with oil on the top (non-hydrogenated oil). It turns out we like these even better for their flavors.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

sjturbo
Explorer
Explorer
Well I do like to make PB sauce but I just use the "mixed" peanut butter. I know that the "oil" on the top of natural peanut butter is usually mixed with the contents. Otherwise it is very hard to spread. Soy sauce and ginger sounds like a great addition!