cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tiffin Phaeton engine access?

6string
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2011 phaeton 36 QSH and need info on how to get access to the engine from inside the coach. If that is possible.
8 REPLIES 8

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
6string wrote:
The bedroom has a step up in the back. All carpeted, no hatches, no screws, nothing visible. Hoping someone has had to get to the engine.

Jim, I received your PM and just emailed you instructions on how to remove the hatch cover. I also included instructions and part number for replacing your coalescing filter, which if it hasn't been previously done, is long overdue.

Good luck, and keep us posted on how it goes.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

haddy1
Explorer
Explorer
In addition to the hatch that others have described, you probably have a smaller one in the closet in the back corner next to the washer/dryer wall. At least my 2012 36QSH has both.

If you first remove the panel under the closet you will get an idea of where the sides of the hatch are located. That should help you find the screws. If your carpet has been replaced, all bets are off.
2019 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH
2018 Grand Cherokee Toad

WAFlowers
Explorer
Explorer
Multiple square-drive screws hidden in the carpet on top of the step-up between the bed and the rear closet. Expect six or more screws. Then it is likely stuck and will need a prybar to lift (the first time).
Bill and Willemina Flowers
George, Sammy and Teddy (the dogpack)
2008 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH
2005 Keystone Monata 3400rl (5/21/11 to 9/9/17)
(Was in a 2000 Coachmen Catalina Sport 220RK)

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
6string wrote:
The bedroom has a step up in the back. All carpeted, no hatches, no screws, nothing visible. Hoping someone has had to get to the engine.

If you can send me a private message with your email address I'll send you a PDF file with pictures and instructions on how to remove the engine access cover.

On edit: The file will be for your carpeted model coach like I had in my 2009 coach, and not my 2017 with a tile floor.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

want-a-be
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2013 Phaeton with the step up in the back. I took a magnet to find the screws holding the floor down, the screws on ours where square headed, also had to remove a panel in front of our closet! Hope this helps! Good Luck

6string
Explorer
Explorer

JohnG3
Explorer
Explorer
Our Allegro Bus has a 3x3 hatch in the bathroom. With the floor tile and framing it has to weigh near or over 250 pounds.
John and Elaine. Furry ones, Bubba, Buddy, Barney and Miss Chevious
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 SP
Know guns, know safety, know peace. No guns, no safety, no peace.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Lift up the floor
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE