Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

now what do I do with the hydraulic motorcycle carrier

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
Ok bought the 2013 Winnebago 25 he class A Itasca
It has a very nice heavy duty hydraulic carrier on the rear that I have no use for.. part of it is welded to the frame but it has dual receivers so it can be removed
Very heavy duty and holds a full size motorcycle or 4 wheeler etc
2013 Winnebago Sunstar 26HE
13 REPLIES 13

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce Brown wrote:
On the welds, be sure to cut them with a cutoff wheel or grind them off, don't take a torch to them.

I see you're in Syracuse. Feel free to PM me if you need any help removing it. I'm in Syracuse on a somewhat regular basis.

Well,
That's fine IF, you have the clearance at all angles to manipulate a cut-off wheel and motor. There's nothing wrong with using a torch, IF you know what you're doing. Of course the cut would be cleaner with a cut-off wheel.

This SPECIFICALLY why I advise to install any M/C lift by BOLTING it on. That way, there's no need for any CUTTING when it comes time to remove it. And, it's just as strong. Oh well, I'm sure the OP will deal with it.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

Bruce_Brown
On the welds, be sure to cut them with a cutoff wheel or grind them off, don't take a torch to them.

I see you're in Syracuse. Feel free to PM me if you need any help removing it. I'm in Syracuse on a somewhat regular basis.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Keep the Blue Ox tow bar-- you will probably eventually want to pull a car with you.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Keep it.. Buy a Bike to lift with it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
:WGood job of selling it on a site that does not allow selling items.:W
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
Nutinelse2do wrote:
Yes, the triple receiver is welded to the coach.
The buyer of the lift would have to purchase one separately.
If it is an overbilt, find out from the previous owner when he purchased it.
If it is an older design, it had some problems. That design got sold to Blue Ox I believe.
Hopefully itโ€™s fairly new, within the last couple years, which is a much better design.

Overbiltโ€™s are not hydraulic. It is cable driven. They hold 800 lbs. Different racks are required to carry a quad or golf cart. Oh, btw, waaay too much weight for the back of a 25 foot Class A.

Who has a 25 ft A ?? They only weigh 250 pounds

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nutinelse2do wrote:
Oh, btw, waaay too much weight for the back of a 25 foot Class A.

I think you need a few more 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA' is waaay.

Don't worry about the needing a replacement receiver. Not hard to replace or to have one made. The hardest part of selling it is if it needs to be shipped. Size and weight are the issue.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, the triple receiver is welded to the coach.
The buyer of the lift would have to purchase one separately.
If it is an overbilt, find out from the previous owner when he purchased it.
If it is an older design, it had some problems. That design got sold to Blue Ox I believe.
Hopefully itโ€™s fairly new, within the last couple years, which is a much better design.

Overbiltโ€™s are not hydraulic. It is cable driven. They hold 800 lbs. Different racks are required to carry a quad or golf cart. Oh, btw, waaay too much weight for the back of a 25 foot Class A.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.overbiltlifts.com/
I THINK its this one but ill let you know, I know he said you can tow a car also there is like 3 receivers...one part of the bracket is welded right to the frame so you would probably have to buy another.
Ill call the manufacturer tomorrow and ask him
I can tell you this thing is HEAVY duty, he had his big road bike on it but only used it a few times since installed

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
Those things cost $$$! Figure out how much it cost new and sell it on Craigslist for 1/2 that amount. I wouldn't do other online or eBay because there is no way n you are shipping that thing. Local sale only.
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Craigslist it.

Yep! Craigslist or EBAY

Make sure you take good pics and post them in your ad. If you have it, make sure you post the make, model, price, and weight capacity. Chances are your phone/email will ring off the hook. The better you describe it, the less time you'll spend with lookieloos.

Chum lee

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sell it. There will be another rvers looking for one.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Craigslist it.