cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is Rincon Parkway, Ventura CA starting reservations?

DAS26miles
Explorer
Explorer
Heard a rumor that Ventura County parks is going to switch from first come basis to reservations, any truth to the rumor? I don't see how they can with their site parking along PCH and no kiosk or camp hosts. They would probably have to increase fee and have some way to monitor those occupying the sites 24/7. ???????
23 REPLIES 23

DAS26miles
Explorer
Explorer
tuna fisher wrote:
Still can't figure why people like it there. Granted right on the ocean but the noise at night is terrible between the trains and traffic on old 101.Sure isn't my cup of tea.
You're right, but it's close for us and has a million dollar view and now we can get a site in the summer. Not for everyone like Quartzsite for sure.

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Still can't figure why people like it there. Granted right on the ocean but the noise at night is terrible between the trains and traffic on old 101.Sure isn't my cup of tea.
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)

DAS26miles
Explorer
Explorer
tuna fisher wrote:
Passed by yesterday and it was packed

Weekends are usually full except in the dead of winter. Spots still available for the first weekend in November online.
Not sure how this will play out with such a stiff cancellation policy. I figure most will wait until a week or so before going and make a reservation then. Curious to see how it's handled when we arrive and find someone in our reserved spot. Are we to double park in the bike lane while waiting for a ranger or sheriff to arrive, and will they ticket and tow? Imagine arriving and finding a 5er in your spot and no one around. Going to be interesting, that's for sure.

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Passed by yesterday and it was packed
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I hope you all understand that there is still wiggle room for playing the game. Folks will be making reservation 12 months in advance and cancelling at the last moment and the local will know when a vacancy is coming up. The game continues.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

DAS26miles
Explorer
Explorer
I heard that once you arrive, you must go to the old posts and take a registration card and fill it out including confirmation number which you got online when reserving and put it in your drivers side window as before. Check in and out is 11 am. You can go and take an open site after 11am only by checking online if it's not reserved and then pay online. No cash or checks anymore.
I hope all those folks hogging the sites in the 60's and holding them for friends are happy!

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
IAMICHABOD wrote:
They were probably tired of all the problems created by locals who daisy chain the spots thru friends and family
There are always those few cheats and scoundrels among us who, by their inconsiderate actions, force rules and regulations upon us.

Isn't that the truth!

DAS26miles
Explorer
Explorer
So I guess the reservation system is now set up for Nov 1. But you can now make reservations up to a year in advance. Read their cancellation policy, it HORRIBLE! 45 days prior Full refund of campsite fee , but you forfeit reservation fee. 44-15 days prior you lose 1/2 of site fee and forfeit fee and you lose it all if you cancel less than 15 days. So if it rains and is windy, too bad!

Gottahaveit
Thanks Dave..Hope it all goes in our favor. We have only been camped on Rincon once and loved it. Out Very good friends Camp Host at the SP that has been closed for yrs. and reopened. Things might be looking up ๐Ÿ™‚
40ft Mandalay Quad Slide
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

DAS26miles
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Well that stuff is a real pita to wade through.

Probably more to come tomorrow, another meeting.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Well that stuff is a real pita to wade through.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

DAS26miles
Explorer
Explorer
Here is the agenda from last Tuesday's Board of Supervisors meeting. Look at archived agendas for Sept 18, 2018 item 24.
BOS agendas

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Gottahaveit wrote:
Can't wait to make a reservation and be assured a site. ๐Ÿ™‚
Well, maybe. Those locals may just continue occupying spaces in the hope you won't show up. And, someone is going to have to be there 24/7 to enforce this. And why? Because of cheating and greed.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Gottahaveit
I'm pretty happy about it...nothing like driving for hours not to get a site since so many locals figured out to play their own game. Can't wait to make a reservation and be assured a site. ๐Ÿ™‚
40ft Mandalay Quad Slide
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited