cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flooding in TX?

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Headed to Galveston next week and was wondering about the road conditions. Will be coming in from NoLo and want to head to the coast from I-10 at Orange and into the Bolivar Penn. (73/124). Any insight is welcome.
2 REPLIES 2

one_strange_tex
Explorer
Explorer
Absolutely no problems around here on the coast at the current time, unlike many hurricane seasons in the past. It generally has been rainy, but no major flooding problems. I think the Texas Hill Country west of here is seeing some problems from the remnants of a tropical system that moved through there from Mexico/Central America, but nothing here so far.
I think you are good to go, but as always this time of year keep an eye on the weather and the National Hurricane Center because things can change quickly.
one_strange_texan
Currently between RV's
Former 5th wheel owner (Montana 3402RL)

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
There was a minor "tropical system" moved in to Texas from the gulf last weekend, but that was primarily farther down the coast and no major flooding from it. No mention on the weather about any new systems for next week. But that can change. Always good to keep check the forecast as you start that way.