cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 Winne Vista 26he too small ? Or not

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
I’ve been over every inch of this unit .. it’s in great shape and drives great, made well, lots of storage but..
The kitchen area has no counter space at all, the top of the stove or use the dinette table, is that an issue with just two people ?
It would be just my wife, me and our mid size dog,,,
We would be doing mainly fall and spring camping...
Like to hear from other owners of coaches thiis size and how they work around inside
2013 Winnebago Sunstar 26HE
10 REPLIES 10

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
If counterspace is a deciding factor, google Winnebago 36Y. Most I've seen in anything short of a 45' DP.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
luberhill wrote:
I’ve been over every inch of this unit .. it’s in great shape and drives great, made well, lots of storage but..
The kitchen area has no counter space at all, the top of the stove or use the dinette table, is that an issue with just two people ?

I looked at the floor plan of that coach and you are 100% correct ! Why would they squeeze a double bowl sink and a 3 burner cook top into such a small counter space.

coolmom42 wrote:

A lot of people add a flip-up extension somewhere on the kitchen counter.

You could add a flip up extension that would go in front of the door, but then you can not get in or out !

If the price is "right" for the coach, you may consider buying it and having a cabinet shop make you a new counter top. 2 burner induction cook top, replace the microwave with a convection oven, and a small single bowl sink. You will have more storage space and more counter space.

You could skip the built in cook top all together and just use a single portable induction "hot plate". They are cheap enough that you can buy 2 and leave the second one under the counter. With a microwave or one of the new deluxe convection ovens I doubt you would more than 1 burner most of the time.

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Our counter extension came with the Sunseeker. We previously owned an Xplorer Class B van (loved that thing, drove it for 14 years but needed more room) and it had one, too.
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Like said above, have your wife look it over and make your decision. I and my wife have a 24' Thor Vegas and love it. Very small counter top area, but we make due with no problem and my wife is a big meal cooker. You can look at one on line. Most of the time in it is watching TV in the evenings and sleeping. Other wise we are outside. Looking at your model you could have a counter extension that flips up beside your stove. Look at the Vegas and you will see what i mean.
Dennis Hoppert

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
where did you buy that counter extension ? I thought of that,,,assume id have to pull the oven out to attach it with something solid behind the wood ?
2013 Winnebago Sunstar 26HE

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
We have a slide in our 25.6 foot Sunseeker. We have a counter extension that flips up and is to the left of the sink. We also use the stovetop for additional workspace.
We eat simple meals while we travel. We also do quite a bit of cooking outside.
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had a 27 no slide, dinette only for a year. We had two medium dogs.

With the dogs, no way, with a slide, maybe.

We went to a single slide 35. Then to a 40 triple which with the dogs gone, is larger than we need.

We are looking at a Bounder 33 or 35K.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
We had a 29' and were always getting in each others way. We upped that to a 40' and found the same thing but it had no slides. Now I have my own room. 🙂 So, I guess it depends on how often you travel in it and how much space you want. Debi loves to cook and I love to eat. She needs a big kitchen and lots of cupboard space. I was happy to oblige. We don't eat out very often...:) :)....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
luberhill wrote:
It would be just my wife, me and our mid size dog,,,
We would be doing mainly fall and spring camping...
Like to hear from other owners of coaches thiis size and how they work around inside

Ask your wife what she thinks.

Part of it depends on how much she wants to cook and how complicated the dishes are.

A lot of people add a flip-up extension somewhere on the kitchen counter.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
We’ve had 3 thirty (ish) foot motorhomes including the current one. The Newmar has the most counter space of any of them. We rarely use the stove so we added a cover to it, and use it for additional workspace, place to let dishes dry, etc. When we had a dinette, which was across from the sink and stove, we would use it to mix things, prepare items, etc. Take a look at some used under 30ft Newmar’s such as the Bay Star Sport 2702, 2903. Better quality, perhaps better kitchen space.

For us (mostly two) not counting the pups anything shorter than what we have is too short.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT