cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

so...how much a problem are the right side toilets ?

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
so the Vista 26he Winnebago class A has the toilet on the passenger side of the coach...Ive heard that there are lots of issues with the pipe going to the dump getting plugged because it has to go all the way across the MH....true ?
2013 Winnebago Sunstar 26HE
28 REPLIES 28

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
OP, No!

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce Brown wrote:
luberhill wrote:
no my neighbors 31ft Coachman he had this problem a few times

Ask him if he's using RV approved TP. I'd guess that's where the problem comes from. :w

There you go Bruce, stirring up trouble again!;)
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
Never had a problem with toilet on passenger side only with a person on the passenger side. Yes Iโ€™m a solo traveler.
Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Never heard that one before. Absolutely no problem with ours in our 8th year full-time.

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
Right side, left side, front, back...none of that is relevant. What IS relevant is whether the toilet drops straight down into the black tank, or does it have to make an angle (or two) to get into the black tank. So the location of the toilet in relation to the location of the black tank is important.

A secondary issue (which could be what the OP's neighbor is alluding to) is how long (and how many bends) in the black tank drain line (but that has nothing to do with toilet location); that can also cause problems when draining the black tank. There again, toilet location is irrelevant. Tank location in relation to dump valve location is what comes into play there. However, your black tank usage habits are probably more important; use plenty of water, septic-safe TP, don't leave valve open, dump only with a 3/4+ full tank, etc.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
My new ride is on the rear right side and I have increased the amount of water when it flushes compared to my previous which was on the left side. This is one problem you do not want to have.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
luberhill wrote:
I don't remember but IF I call Winnebago would they tell me

here is your question to Winne----so the Vista 26he Winnebago class A has the toilet on the passenger side of the coach...Ive heard that there are lots of issues with the pipe going to the dump getting plugged because it has to go all the way across the MH....true ?
WHAT do you think they will tell you???????? They will tell you no problems. Doug

PS, MY question to you is, WHERE have you heard about supposed problems? Go back to the sources that told you this and ask THEM.

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
ther must be members here that own or have owned this model

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
I don't remember but IF I call Winnebago would they tell me

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
May or MAY NOT be a problem.

Look at the coach-- does the toilet drain directly (straight down) into the tank or through a "transverse pipe".

Totally depends on how black tank is orientated as well as what side the toilet is on.

Let us know what you find.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

MrWizard
My Bounder has the right side toilet,
But the dump valve is located in the wet bay on the driver's side
At the end of the dump pipe, not at the tank
No problems, so far, one year of use,

one thing i do, is after dumping, is to put in enough water to fill the drain pipe, so there is water in the bottom of the black tank, before i put in the chemicals 'Happy Camper'

don't want clots in the pipe
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
My neighbors have a new 2019 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22M. Bathroom on passenger side. Black and grey tanks run north/south, on the passenger side. Drainage tube runs almost the width of the motorhome to the typical termination point on the driver's side, where the pull handles are located. Big problem.
The blade valves are on the passenger side, at each tank. There are two cables that also run the width of the motorhome, again... with the handles at the typical termination point.

They have just returned from a one month trip. The valves leaked the entire time. Took it back to the dealer right away. Dealer 'says' they replaced the blade valves. Still leaking when they got it home.
Sitting behind the motorhome on their patio the other day we noticed one cable was hanging so low it was in danger of getting snagged on road debris. Crawled under and found the cable ties that should hold it up next to the drain tube were missing, so we put new ones on. Investigation found the other cable poorly attached also. Plus it is about 3 feet too long, so the factory had just pushed it up in a cavity next to the gas tank.
Hence....you are pushing/pulling two handles on the driver's side, to force two cables that are just 'floating' around under there for approximately 6 feet...give or take...to activate the valve blades at the tanks, on the passenger side. Waaaayyyy too much slack in them. No way....are you going to keep those valves pushed tightly closed every time. Very poor design, appears to be what will be an ongoing problem and frustration.
And, if you don't make sure to 'raise' the passenger side while draining....the long tube does not completely drain. You will get a nice 'bath' when you take the cap off of the termination point the next time.

They do not put toilet paper down the toilet, for those that say that is the problem.

Needless to say, they are not happy.
2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

Bruce_Brown
luberhill wrote:
no my neighbors 31ft Coachman he had this problem a few times

Ask him if he's using RV approved TP. I'd guess that's where the problem comes from. :w
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Have owned 2 MH's with Passenger side toilets. One a Winnebago. No issues with either. Don't know where you heard this but sounds like an unreliable source to me.
By the way, if you download your MH's plumbing schematics from WinnebagoInd.com, you will likely see a custom tank that spans your model.
2010 Suncruiser